Author Topic: PPHA Camping/Picnic Weekend  (Read 34266 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
PPHA Camping/Picnic Weekend
« on: March 11, 2012, 02:58:14 PM »
This years Camping/Picnic weekend will be May 18th, 19th, and 20th.  It will be held at the ButtonWood Campground  https://buttonwoodcamp.com/  This campground is in District 4 in a town called Mexico, PA  It is right off rte 322 by Port Royal.  We reserved 12 lots this year.  Thats two more than last year as we wanted to have some room for expansion.  The price is $6.00 per person/per night, the same as it was last year.  Pop-ups will have two pay $2.00 for electric if you want it.  This year you will pay your fees as you check in at the office.

Depending on the size of your tent, we may be able to fit two tents in one lot.  I would like for anyone planning on attending to make a post below stating that you will be attending, how many people and what day you will be arriving.  Remember you or one member of your group or family must be a PPHA member.  This will help us decide if we need to reserve more spots or not.

We will have a community tent this year same as last and the PPHA will be buying the bulk of the food.  As usual please bring any special dietary foods you may need.  Also if you want to bring anything to share with the group to help defer cost you may but do not have to.

Remember, you are welcome from any part of the state no matter what district you reside in.  We had a blast last year and this year should be even better.  Bring your wife or family also (immediate family only).  Any questions contact bigben or Lookn4fur via pm or email. 

Bring all the gear you would normally bring when you camp.  There are showers there for those who wish to smell good  ;D  In addition we will be fishing, kayaking, and canoeing so bring any of that gear you may have.  There are rentals there if they are not all taken.  Please log onto buttonwoods site and check out all the activities available.  There is a lot for kids to do also.

Anyone that came last year can remember how much fun this was last year for all that showed up. 

Here is who we have confirmed so far.

buckwheat
leglifter+3
lifes2fun+5
lookn4fur+2
bigben+1
bulldog+3
daved4+2
hern+1
dreamcatcher
Swarter
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 07:13:29 AM by ppha »
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: ppha d4/d2 camping weekend
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 08:52:20 PM »
I only got to stop by for one day.....hopefully I can do the whole weekend this year...it was great seeing everyone again...and meeting some new
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 07:09:07 PM »
Looking forward to it as usual.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 08:03:49 PM »
Dj, Ernie, and I will keep everyone under control!!
How 'bout it boys?

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 07:58:28 AM »
Good because I'm tired of being held back.   :o
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 08:19:20 AM »
I marked my calander. 
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 12:20:30 AM »
tired of being held back? you were the first in the tent last year I remember, calling all of us out by the fire to "tone it down in your motherly voice." <--- must of been that apple pie you can't handle...I can't wait to run some pranks on ya L4F haha...I'll check the schedule, meaning, i'll check with stacys schedule, i'm sure we wouldn't miss it. To all those who haven't been, you really need to go, i've met some of my best friends here at this camping trip every year, and even though its only in its 3rd year its come a long way...

LL, we surely will most likely keep everyone at least looking like they're under control with our unbelievable misbehavior, says mother goose...
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 07:58:59 AM »
 ;D

Offline jeremybrua

• Seasoned Forum Member
  • i can can do it because i dont know that i cant.
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 08:23:08 AM »
Dj, Ernie, and I will keep everyone under control!!
How 'bout it boys?

But who's going to keep you under control?

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 11:23:50 AM »
His wife!

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 03:04:09 PM »
 :-X

Offline Bulldog

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 09:45:32 PM »
Can't wait to see you all again had a great time last year

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 10:19:39 PM »
Leglifter
You keeping me and DJ under control sure sounds like sending a fox for guarding the hen house. You just have to learn to keep the noise down for a certain winpy apple pie drinken keep the noise down crybaby. Also you need to inprove your hlding ability if I recall.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 10:39:30 PM »
Lol. I still have that thing we found, its in my truck.
I wonder where it will end up next

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 08:03:37 AM »
A lot of demands for somebody who can not spell!  I'm making a fresh batch of apple pie for the cause this year.

Who thinks Ben is gonna wreck the tricycle again this year?   ;D