Author Topic: Eastern Sports Show Volunteers  (Read 5706 times)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Eastern Sports Show Volunteers
« on: November 22, 2010, 08:06:24 AM »
Hello everyone.  The PPHA is looking for members to volunteer for the Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show for their booth.  The show runs from February 5th to the 13th.  The show opens everyday at 10:00 am to 7:00 pm except for Sundays when it closes at 5:00 pm.

Contractually we have to have at least one person man the booth at all times.  In exchange for volunteering, you will get a free pass into the show and free parking across the street from one of our members.  Any other expense is on you.  You will have ample opportunity to walk around, take breaks, eat food and just BS.  Heck as long as we have one person you can do want you want.  We only ask the you volunteer for at least one day.  If you can do multiple days that's great but we need at least one day from you.

During your time you will be greeting people, explaining who the PPHA is and selling memberships and raffle tickets.  On Monday the 7th, we are having our East Coast Predator Showdown which is a stage calling competition.  We need extra help on that day.  If anyone is interested in helping your organization out this is the chance.  Please e-mail or PM me.  If we receive enough volunteers, I will let everyone know. 

Also if you think you would like to be a volunteer judge in the calling competition, please let me know and we will discuss that also.  Thanks for helping us out!
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline war_nrg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
Re: Eastern Sports Show Volunteers
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 06:46:22 PM »
Greetings Tim,
I can help out on Saturday and week nights,  let me know what you need
Cheers,
Bill
Cheers,
Bill

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 09:14:46 AM »
PM Sent Bill.  Thanks
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 11:01:02 AM »
We have enough volunteers for the Sportsmens Show.  Thanks for all that volunteered there services.  I will be sending out an e-mail on how to get your passes around February 2nd.  Please watch out for that.  We do still need more calling contestants so please help spread the word.  Thanks...........Tim

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 09:49:12 AM »
what time do we need to be there in the morning tim?
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 10:36:02 AM »
Show opens at 10:00 am everyday.  If you can make it for the opening I would like you to be at the booth by 9:30am.  Otherwise whenever you can make it.  Again I will send an e-mail to everyone involved on the details so keep an eye out for that.  Thanks.......Tim

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 10:38:20 AM »
I can easily make it to the booth by 9:30 every day.  one more thing are we allowed to bring in water and or snacks?
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 10:40:37 AM »
Yes absolutely.  You just can't sell them due to the fact that they have authorized vendors.

uncle buck

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 11:10:39 AM »
I'm really looking forward to this....Ah one of the bennies of being in the PPHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Glad I volunteered for a day overthere..
Can you imagine how much we are just going to learn from shooting the breeze with people from PPHA working the booth that day..
Also....hope PPHA members that attend come in sit awhile and talk a bit about calling too...

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 11:17:00 AM »
I am not plannin on selling em but I will go broke getting drinks and food from the vendors there. 

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 01:11:40 PM »
I know what you are saying.  I will share any of my stuff with you.

Offline Maverick308

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 05:22:53 PM »
Hello,

If you still need help........I could help on a Sat. or Sun., just let me know.

Jim

Offline Team Howler

• Junior Forum Member
    • Lycoming Fence Company LLC (Personal Business)
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 10:08:29 PM »
Tim, could you please let me know what day you would Ike me to be there. I need to make sure I put it in my schedule . I wouldn't mind the same day as the calling contest so I can watch it. But whenever you need me.
Hunt safely!
District 3
Matt Brown
Arsenal: Savage Model 12 22-250, Tikka T3 lite Stainless .233, Ruger model 77 mark II .243, Tikka T3 Lite Stainless 25/06
Tools
FoxPro Firestorm w/ Fox Jack, Kill Light 250 and 100, Various Hand Calls

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 06:33:21 AM »
T.H. are you volunteering for one day or two?

Also just so everyone is on the same page, this post is from last years show, this years is up at the top in the sticky section

http://www.ppha.us/smf/index.php?topic=6179.0
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:58:48 AM by Leglifter »

Offline Team Howler

• Junior Forum Member
    • Lycoming Fence Company LLC (Personal Business)
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 01:41:54 AM »
one day
Hunt safely!
District 3
Matt Brown
Arsenal: Savage Model 12 22-250, Tikka T3 lite Stainless .233, Ruger model 77 mark II .243, Tikka T3 Lite Stainless 25/06
Tools
FoxPro Firestorm w/ Fox Jack, Kill Light 250 and 100, Various Hand Calls