Author Topic: This crazy weather  (Read 338520 times)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: This crazy weather
« Reply #1440 on: February 12, 2016, 03:04:22 PM »
I will triple that.  And to stay on topic.  It's colder than the water in my yard fountain!! ;D ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1441 on: February 12, 2016, 05:15:44 PM »
Am I censored on this thread also?? :o :o :o :o :o :o Hmmm guess not  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 05:16:13 PM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline coyotejohn

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #1442 on: February 12, 2016, 06:08:55 PM »
You darn well should be.
“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ And the warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm’.’”

Offline foxhound

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1443 on: February 12, 2016, 07:39:02 PM »
 Can't censor the Goose on this thread. It's kinda his baby.  Besides, I tune in regularly for the whitty banter and occasional weather reports. By the way, it's COLD here!!!  ::)
District 5 coordinator

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #1444 on: February 12, 2016, 07:44:34 PM »
Take care goose. Get'n old ain't for wimps !!!! ::) ::) -1 this morning over here. And "yes" I'm ammo'd up for this spring. Between the lottery furball and the punxy one, I'll be stack'n them like cordwood.

NOTE~I'm retired.....I don't have to, don't want to, and yinz can't make me stay on topic. ??? ??? ;) ;) ;D ;D
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1445 on: February 12, 2016, 07:56:00 PM »
 ;) ;) ;) Amen Georgie!!  :o :o :o :o 22° and snowing in C-burg  :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1446 on: February 12, 2016, 08:43:28 PM »
  "Dale" funny you should mention the "Prodigal Son" I quote "  I'm not sure how your and Jaspers love child, lookN4anotherparent would fare in a one parent situation." EXACTLY!  :P  SO!  ;) "Goose" and I decided if anything happens to either one of us  :P We would like to send him South to you  ;D ;D I must warn you  :P he will arrive all bundled up  ::) but with an "Attitude"  ::) ::) He would like to live with "BW"  :P but we would like him somewhere with Adult supervision  :) skilled in Attitude adjustment  ;) ;) Go out today and buy some locks  ??? because he get's into everything that's not locked down  :o :o :o :o...Old Pop's.... 8)

well now, I sure didn't see that coming...  would you be sending the whole clan or just LookN4anewhome?...

either way you'll need to include all hunting gear and fishing gear too, I don't share well, and he damn sure aint riding any of the motorcycles...

as for the attitude adjustment, I've got a couple buddies that live/work across the river that would be happy to help in that area if it turns out he doesn't want to play nice...

there are a few redeeming factors though:

1. I can teach him to rake clams and oysters, and there is year round fishing so we won't go hungry...

2. there are plenty of cats around so he may finally get his bobcat...

3. if he acts appropriately, I may even take him out calling for coyotes... we've got about 70,000 acres of game lands within minutes of the house... there are hogs about an hour south of here and waterfowl all over the place...

I'm gonna have to make some modifications in my living arrangements, but if I have to I can make it happen...   ;)  oh please, please, please don't anything happen to either of y'all...   8) 8) 8)

oh yeah was a high of 34° here today, supposed to be in the mid to high 30's till Monday then back up into the 50's and then into the 60's later in the week...    ;) ;) ;)

Get'n old ain't for wimps !!!! ::) ::)
NOTE~I'm retired.....I don't have to, don't want to, and yinz can't make me stay on topic. ??? ??? ;) ;) ;D ;D

ya sure got that right Greyhair, no sissies getting old... that's some tough work...

and what in sam he!! is a  yinz?...  do ya eat it, shoot it, fight it or fork it?...   ;D ;D ;D
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1447 on: February 12, 2016, 09:10:17 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D Short for You'ns... :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #1448 on: February 12, 2016, 09:16:21 PM »
Dale,
It's a south western pa thang. ;) ;) As well as this
http://www.yelp.com/biz/primanti-bros-pittsburgh

If'n you ain't had one of their samich's you have been miss'n something. ;)
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."

Offline coyotejohn

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #1449 on: February 12, 2016, 11:38:38 PM »
This crazy weather has the Bighorns up and moving on the moutain tops.

P.S.  Please note that I made reference to this "crazy weather" just to stay "on topic"
“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ And the warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm’.’”

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1450 on: February 13, 2016, 05:49:38 AM »
 ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) Great pics John, and your weather looks like short sleeve  :o :o :o :o 16° as I drink my first cup of java  :P :P :P :P pick-up is white so it snowed over night... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1451 on: February 13, 2016, 06:03:13 AM »
16 deg this morning, wind is whipping and had about an inch of snow overnight...   

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1452 on: February 13, 2016, 06:43:32 AM »
 >:( >:( >:( HERN says and I quote:"The real weatherman is calling for another 2" of snow this evening."  >:( >:( >:(  Well "Goose" I think you have been called an impostor!  :P :P Personally I don't think they make them any more REAL than you!!! ;D ;D ;D............I think you ought to forecast Hern another 2 feet of snow  >:( that way he can ponder the error of his ways  :-\ :-\ while he's out there shoveling  :P :P :P 15 degree's here in the Cove w/blustery winds like BW  ::) ..............we have the Perdix effect here that's why it's warmer  ;) all the woodstoves in Perdix warm the village and it seeps North  ;D............"Goose" it pains me to point this out  :-[ but I guess what the Marines say about sailor's might be true  :P :P "
"When I was in boot camp at Great Lakes Il, we had 1" thick ice on the inside of our barracks widows" arer you sure you were sleeping on the right side of the window???  :o :o :o :o :o  just askin!  :).................. 8)

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1453 on: February 13, 2016, 07:39:34 AM »
;D ;D ;D Short for You'ns... :P :P :P :P 

ahhh ok... 

Dale,
It's a south western pa thang. ;) ;) As well as this
http://www.yelp.com/biz/primanti-bros-pittsburgh

If'n you ain't had one of their samich's you have been miss'n something. ;)

I've not been to the original shop but they've opened one in York that I've been to...  wasn't bad eats but since I've been in there I've made drastic dietary changes that preclude my returning... trying to lose some weight, down 13# so far... only 70# to go...

hope y'all have fun at Breki this morning... I'm sittin here suffering through a slab of ham and a couple eggs...    8) 8) 8)

J-man, keep LookN4abiscuit in line, make him use a fork...  :) ;) ;D 8)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 07:40:11 AM by Dale »
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline coyotejohn

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #1454 on: February 13, 2016, 10:12:18 AM »
Projected high today - 81 ;D  Rattlesnakes are out and about.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 10:16:02 AM by coyotejohn »