Author Topic: This crazy weather  (Read 338524 times)

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: This crazy weather
« Reply #975 on: October 08, 2015, 12:27:18 AM »
that would be required living up there... you sure can't do like we do down here and just let it lay and it melts away the next day or so...   8)
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #976 on: October 08, 2015, 06:55:12 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D He's into that pain and suffering mode  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) deep snow and a sand shovel  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #977 on: October 08, 2015, 07:25:16 AM »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o They eat fish  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o I didn't know that  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) I thought they were "catch and release"  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)  I guess you must have eaten a few to figure that all out  :P :P :P :P . Dale, the "Doc" is always telling me to "ice it"  :( :( I could just hop on the snowmobile and go ice fishing  ;D ;D ;D ice it good and proper  ;D ;D ;D.................. 8)

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #978 on: October 08, 2015, 12:48:35 PM »
you got that right, for about 7 months out of the year... I had a bud retired from the Marine Corp and moved back up somewhere in that area, and my daughter and crew just moved up to Houghton, way up on the UP... way to cold for my old butt...

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #979 on: October 08, 2015, 01:53:18 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D and here I thought "ice it" meant a bourbon on ice  :P :P :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #980 on: October 09, 2015, 07:15:16 AM »
 >:( >:( There you go  ::) trying to think again  :o :o Dale  :o  Wow...that is "way up"....above the Ottawa Nat'l. Forest....you will need to pack a sandwich if you go for a visit....lol........... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #981 on: October 09, 2015, 12:35:33 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D And this coming from a guy who makes "Grinner soup"  :P :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #982 on: October 09, 2015, 04:00:14 PM »
 :( :( :( And it rained...poured is more like it  ??? ??? ??? ???
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #983 on: October 09, 2015, 09:25:04 PM »
  :o Dale  :o  Wow...that is "way up"....above the Ottawa Nat'l. Forest....you will need to pack a sandwich if you go for a visit....lol........... 8)

if I get to do my ride next summer, I'll need a box full of sammiches...  I'm gonna leave here to AR, Texas, AZ, CA, then up into Idaho, some of y'all may remember my old hunting partner Jay, well the rascal moved up to Sand Point, ID, gonna stop up and see him... the gal that's gonna be riding with me has 2 brothers up in ID also, then over into MT, to see my sister and cousin, from there into MI to visit daughter, and then over into PA, she's originally from PA too, before we turn back to NC... figuring at least 2 months out probably more...

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #984 on: October 10, 2015, 06:30:30 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Yo will be a bow legged rascal for sure after that ride  :o :o :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #985 on: October 11, 2015, 07:07:57 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D I am not trying to infer anything  ::) ::) but have you considered a Harley "Freewheeler Trike" for this Tour????   ;D ;D  Now I know that wiseguy from C-burg  :P is going to say "Good idea spread the load over 3 tires"  :o :o but I was thinking it has a trunk  for the sammiches ;D and you could get a trailer to tote the Ladies stuff  ;) ;).....I will call Dickie  today and see if he 2nds it...... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D............ 8)  Your "Buddies" trying to help you out...HAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #986 on: October 11, 2015, 06:14:32 PM »
well I appreciate y'all trying to help but I think I'll be aight with what I have... she rides one of those azz backards trikes so we'll have plenty of storage space... but thanks anyways...    8)

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #987 on: October 12, 2015, 09:12:31 AM »
Wife and I are taking a ride today. Northbound, looking at leaves and such. But we will be riding in her Pathfinder, on 4 wheels. 

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #988 on: October 12, 2015, 10:59:58 AM »
nothing wrong with that, you don't need to worry about falling over, and if you do run off the road you have a little more protection... enjoy the ride... we've got rain again...this will make it over 10" of rain in the last 3 weeks...

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #989 on: October 16, 2015, 02:47:12 PM »
 ;) ;) Just got back from a week up north sightseeing and chasing elk.... 8) 8) 8) 8) Fall foliage is full blossom up there :o :o :o The Elk visitor's Center was a nice stop but didn't see anything there...what we saw were mainly along the roads as we traveled from place to place....the weather man up there is calling for Lake effect snow tonite  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ and cold night's into the low 30s and upper 20s.... :-X :-X :-X :-X guess it is getting to be that time of year.  :P :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member