Author Topic: This crazy weather  (Read 338477 times)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: This crazy weather
« Reply #945 on: September 28, 2015, 09:51:28 AM »
 :( :( :( Twas cloudy down here  :-\ :-\ :-\
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #946 on: September 29, 2015, 08:17:49 AM »
 >:( >:( >:( Temp is only 68°,  :o :o :o :o but the humidity is a killer  :P :P :P :P :P :P come on rain, it may cool the temp a bit.... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ a little air movement would be nice also  ??? ??? ??? with the hard rains they are calling for, you may have to walk a ways to find mud for tracks as they say we will be getting dumped on  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #947 on: September 29, 2015, 08:10:16 PM »
after noon today we saw the first substantial amount of sunshine since Wednesday last week... checked the rain gauge on the deck, was 3 ¾" all in all... but then it got hot and humid so it still sucked... I heard ya'll were supposed to be getting what we have had, time to hunker down and try to stay dry...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #948 on: September 30, 2015, 07:38:14 AM »
 ;) ;) ;) Rain gauge this morning reads just shy of 1½" of the stuff  ;D ;D ;D ;D we'll take it as ours was a soaking rain with few down pours  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) they say wind and more rain is on the way  :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #949 on: September 30, 2015, 10:47:58 AM »
guess I spoke to soon, rain again over the night and clouded up today again...

uncle buck

« Reply #950 on: September 30, 2015, 07:11:27 PM »
Rain...There were times I felt like the Little Dutch Boy with my thumb stuck in the dike to prevent flooding. Seemed no matter what I did I just couldn't defeat oh maybe a bucket of water entering the basement when the rains were at 3 inches or more...I even cleaned the neighbors gutters out and attached a spare bleed off hose I had laying around to the far neighbors rain pipe. Thinking it was also their water I was getting... I applied water proofing mortar to the vunerable wall then painted it with that water proofing paint applying three coats to the water proofed surface... The end result was there I was with a Squiggey pushing the water toward my train in the laundry room.. Using the shopvac to get her dry etc etc etc....    :(

Last year I got the entire driveway torn up and we found that in the area where water was coming in... The contractor probably from 1959 didn't put stone under the asphalt.  So got that done and resurfaced... Things improved but during real heavy rains I would still get that water in the basement..

This year as advised I got two coats of black top put in the last year new asphalt... I  took the black top in a tube and sealed where the concrete side walk met the asphalt.. Then my lower patio which is concrete.. I painted that with a new type BEAR  deck sealer for concrete.  I did notice holes there where we removed an old shed years back from the original owner... I made sure all those holes were sealed.  I  used plenty of that paint to cover that concrete slab...Finally I replaced a section of the house that the water came in with larger gutter... Not the standard size the 6 inch heavy wide gutter.   Then I took some of that AS SEEN ON TV water proofing black spray and spray all along the area where the house meet the driveway.  By George all the stuff I did worked...I really think what helped was putting a larger gutter on that vunerable side of the house and splash guards that make the water coming down from the roof fall into the large gutter.. No water in the basement since all of this has been done... Wow it rained hard here last night and the DIKE HELD!!!!

uncle buck

« Reply #951 on: September 30, 2015, 07:25:55 PM »
I also tried to keep neighbors leaves out of my gutters... However many of the culprit neighbor trees has since been cut down... However during heavy rain the leaf guards would channel heavy water right over the gutter like a water fall... I removed everyone of them... I'm still young enough to climb up on a ladder and remove leaves should they accumulate..  I had a repairman in the neighborhood put up standard gutters in 2009.. He put the splash guards on the inside of the gutter.???????Think about it the rain would hit that and shoot it over the gutter on too the driveway below...That is where when you have other people do things for you, you make their mistakes.   On the  6 inch gutter I placed the splash guard on the outside so if the rain comes off that angle of the roof slope hard it hits the splash guard and goes into the 6 inch gutter....  All of the

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #952 on: September 30, 2015, 08:40:26 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D It looks like a bunch of rain this weekend iffin that illegal sneaks ashore as they think  ??? ??? ??? yea that "Joquin" character  :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #953 on: September 30, 2015, 10:00:46 PM »
they're calling for 8"-12" here, no problem with me I sit high enough, about 8'-10' above the river... and have good insurance...   8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #954 on: October 01, 2015, 07:01:54 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D GFish..remember do-do floats so you have no worry  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #955 on: October 02, 2015, 07:28:42 AM »
 ;) ;) GFish after watching the news this mornin....you aren't floating are ya??  :-\ :-\ :-\ Looks kinda bad down there  ??? ???
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #956 on: October 02, 2015, 11:26:55 AM »
;) ;) GFish after watching the news this mornin....you aren't floating are ya??  :-\ :-\ :-\ Looks kinda bad down there  ??? ???

purt near... 4 ¾" since last night and no break in sight... this is the most water I've seen standing  since I got here in late Jan 07...

this could turn out to be the storm to talk about...just glad it turned further off shore...

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #957 on: October 02, 2015, 05:52:15 PM »
 ;) ;) ;) Sounds like you will be feeshin from the Lazboy  :o :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #958 on: October 02, 2015, 06:48:13 PM »
well the rain stopped about 2:30 this afternoon... I checked the gauge when I got home and we had 5" of rain in 24 hours... I just went out to dump the gauge, still up at 5", just as I slid the tube back into the holder, it started falling again... wonder how much we'll get this round... took some pictures, I'll try to post later on...

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #959 on: October 02, 2015, 07:39:18 PM »

the water has never gotten up to that white pole before...  the white egret was in there feeding on either frogs or toads in there to spawn...

« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 07:45:06 PM by Dale »