Author Topic: This crazy weather  (Read 338517 times)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: This crazy weather
« Reply #585 on: February 17, 2015, 08:17:23 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D CJ that just ain't right... :P :P :P :P next you will be sayin the corn is ready to be picked.. ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #586 on: February 17, 2015, 01:40:46 PM »
so how did y'all make out last night?... we had 1 3/8" of rain and a little ice on the bridges a bit further inland but didn't have any ice at my place... we dodged the bullet on this one...    8)
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #587 on: February 17, 2015, 06:30:36 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D 2½ inches and 7° this mornin  ::) ::) ::) all powder so it was easy to move... :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #588 on: February 18, 2015, 07:41:57 AM »
 ;D About the same here for yesterday, 5' and windy this morning  ;D Goose you need to get out of the boat more often  ::) ::) I think your friend CJ is messing with you  ??? ??? I gather he is located in AZ./ points West  :) They only grow 3 things in AZ. sand,cactus and snakes...(veggies from CA.) :o :o Just go down to Giant  ;D in the produce section   ;D tomatos-peppers,corn from Quatemala no hoeing,weeding, bugs...just pick  ::) Trump him, Sailor boy  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D............. 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #589 on: February 18, 2015, 12:38:54 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Hey...anyone heard mention of "Global Warming"....bet Al Gore is in the islands in air conditioning :P :P :P :P :P Time to drag him through a snow bank!!  :o :o :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #590 on: February 19, 2015, 04:24:32 PM »
 >:( >:( WOW...I just came back from scouting some dense brush  >:( >:( wind was blowing my tracks shut about as fast as I could make them  :P :P This is shaping up to be a nasty hunt  >:( >:( I am thinking we might all have to go with UB...put the horse in the barn  ;) sit in the manure spreader  :'( :'( and shoot the coyote when he comes in the corral   ::) ::).......... 8)

uncle buck

« Reply #591 on: February 19, 2015, 04:43:00 PM »
Ya those Perry coyotes do that to me all the time..  You know with the sub zero temps might be a goodtime to call them in and open the top window on a barn.. However don't fall off the rafters or outside the window..
I had one two weeks ago... I tried to do everything right... Crosswind toward the barn.  what does the coyote do come to my calling  and enters the sight picture in between the barn and the farmers shed... Make sure you throw a little or do a little prey sound into your chain yanking this week end.. Oh about 1 min of it and then do the coyote  talk...but plenty of silence in between...I'm sure brother  Tom will be calling in Perry!!!

uncle buck

« Reply #592 on: February 19, 2015, 04:59:27 PM »
ya Know? WB Slang! :)  I think I need to get some camo that looks like a farmers shed... a pattern is developing big time for me...The logic is that I need to get away from the barns. however to walk out into the fields farther means 0 coyotes...Wish some of my prime coyote calling areas were along railroad tracks... They are not.. I can scoot out to the field when the train is rambling by... Hey  I have done that already and have killed predators doing that... use them sounds all around you.. However barking dogs...Well come back to that farm after the farmer or people take them inside... Coyotes know ole DOMESTACUS Saved their life..

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #593 on: February 20, 2015, 05:32:51 AM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( it's -1° here at 5:30 AM....got to throw another log on the fire and get some coffee  :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline coyotejohn

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #594 on: February 20, 2015, 02:59:21 PM »
>:( >:( >:( >:( it's -1° here at 5:30 AM....got to throw another log on the fire and get some coffee  :P :P :P :P

Goose I sure understand I had to go in the house twice today to add more ice to my frozen margarita.  Picture of our front yard apple tree.  I would show some pictures of the backyard but I would not want any of you to really get disenfranchised with us cowboys.  Please note - no grass to cut.

One other thing, we buy NOTHING from south of our border.  However your friend in the WH is importing a lot of illegals.  We will make an effort to ship them northeast to our liberal friends in PA.   ;D
“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ And the warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm’.’”

Offline coyotejohn

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #595 on: February 20, 2015, 05:31:24 PM »
Should have also added we don't need to cut holes in the ice to go fishing :P
“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ And the warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm’.’”

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #596 on: February 21, 2015, 06:41:26 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Nice pic CJ...I'm sitting here drinking coffee waiting on the snow that is predicted, and it's 7° outside this morning  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ almost a heat wave.  :P :P :P Yea the backyard is where the BBQ is and I've seen the ribs.....and you are making ice...heck fire, up here all you need to do is go outside and break some off from the roof at no expense.... :o :o :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #597 on: February 21, 2015, 04:41:42 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Get ready Goose I think you might get to use "the machine" it's snowing like crazy here  ;D ;D ;D  .... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #598 on: February 22, 2015, 08:12:11 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Had the big boy out last night  :o :o :o we got about 5" when I had it out and over night we got another ½ to ¾ of an inch...all Pigmy Grizzly Bears beware...da Goose is gonna be on the hunt for you!! :-\ :-\ :-\
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #599 on: February 22, 2015, 11:31:17 AM »
 :( :( :( :( 42° at 11:30  :o :o :o :o heat wave for sure!!!  :P :P :P :P