Author Topic: 22 RF S, L, LR and just plain 22 LR designation  (Read 1771 times)

uncle buck

22 RF S, L, LR and just plain 22 LR designation
« on: October 06, 2013, 05:08:04 PM »
I do like to use 22 short ammo when I dispatch fur in the trap...Way back when I have had rifles designated as S, L, LR acceptable... I have a NEF 22 LR double action pistol and it's designated 22 LR. Also a Single Six.  But can't recall if the Single Six is designated as 22 LR only.    There have been times when I wanted to shoot a pest animal with the CCI 22 Short CB... Would you use the rifle designated as S, L, LR for the  22 short CB's or do you think you could actually shoot one with the NEF designated 22 LR hand gun?

Figure when gun MFG. designate a 22 RF as LR one should not be shooting Short ammo down it's barrel!  Maybe?

What is your opinion on this?   i' m sure the semiautomatic need the extra power of the LR ammo to eject the fired case from the chamber..

Offline jeremybrua

• Seasoned Forum Member
  • i can can do it because i dont know that i cant.
Re: 22 RF S, L, LR and just plain 22 LR designation
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 09:29:53 PM »
I shoot CB's and shorts out of my single action all the time with no issues.   You will need to clean out your cylinder more often but that's it.  I also shoot 22WRF's in the mag cylinder.