Author Topic: Traded in my truck recently which got me to thinking.  (Read 2217 times)

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Traded in my truck recently which got me to thinking.
« on: May 18, 2010, 05:59:00 PM »
I recently traded in my 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 with 85k miles.  I always tease that they are all highway miles which most who know me know they are back road miles or dirt road miles.   Early in its life the truck was nicknamed by one of my friends as the Dodge of Death because in the first 2 thousand miles I had hit 2 deer with it and didn't have any damage.  I used the truck at first for an every day vehicle but then because of the price of gas we got a small car and the Dodge was only used on the weekends for hunting and fishing.   As I sit back and think of all the animals that i have shot and had in the back of that truck it surley was the Dodge of Death.   I can remember coming home with my first and only bear after hunting them for years, Forrest jumped up in the bed of the truck while the wife took pictures.  Then there was the time Forrest got his first limit of squirrels and we laid them on the tailgate and took a picture the following week he shot another limit and we laid them on the ground and in the background was the dodge.  I have another picture of me and Forrest with a 10 point I shot during the archery season, again we were in the back of the truck.  There are a lot more, like my first fox, some coyotes I shot.  That truck was good to us over the years, it never got stuck or never did not turn over and left us stranded.  I sure am going to miss the Dodge of Death.   But I do have a new truck to break in. 

uncle buck

Re: Traded in my truck recently which got me to thinking.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 07:58:03 PM »
I had the privilege or riding in the truck...We went straight up a dirt road right to the top I think it was Wyoming County Tioga Mountains?????????We near hit a few buck going up and down also near hit a few workmen doing test for natural gas too...

Scott now your going to have dreams like that Orson  Wells guy in that movie "Citizen Kane"...Instead of saying  "Rosebud" you will be saying "Dodge Of Death!"
Won't be to long and I will be doing the same thin.  Probably going to here me say "FOXMOBILE!"  AKA that 1996 Red Saturn procured in 1995 but still running... However there is no way that front wheel drive would get us up that Tioga Mountains.....