Author Topic: Mouse trap...  (Read 4160 times)

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Mouse trap...
« on: December 14, 2014, 02:02:25 PM »
Here's the Victor Mouse trap I enjoy using. I still have a shoe box full of the ole style Victor's, but I like the design and ease of setting of this new style. Another plus for this design, a person can take dead mouse out of trap without touching it.

This trap has a bowl below the pan for bait. The pan has a hole in it to fit around bowl when fired. Mouse has to step or sit on pan to get at bowl of bait.

In the unset position, I place a few dabs of Peanut Butter in bait bowl. A tooth pick or flat head screw driver works good to smear in bait.

Set and ready to go...

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Mouse trap...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 02:45:24 PM »
I was expecting to see a picture of what it looks like when a finger gets caught it one !!
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 04:40:44 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Jake you need to lend it to jaspr1 to see that... :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 05:59:52 AM »
 ;D  Jake, to complicated for Wisengester from C-burg  ;D Hern being kind hearted  ;) sent pics so you know who would have something to follow  ::) and know which side was up  ::) to many steps for the "Goose" to remember.. :( ....and please if the mouse is in the basement  :P I will risk my fingers  :o and go down there and set it for him  :P :P :P :P :P :P....... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 06:54:07 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D And him tinks he won't git his lil finners caught  :o :o :o :o I'll take that bet  8) 8) 8) 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 01:34:18 PM »
 ;) ;) Was at TSC today and got a pair of those plastic one hand Victors...now the PB and we will see  8) 8) 8)

Just baited them and had to make the big rat (me) a PB sandwich  ::) ::) ::) ::) why should the mice git all the goodies  8) 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 02:01:18 PM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 05:18:23 PM »
PB is outstanding bait for  mice and no good dirty Norway rats... I tie on some bacon with store string.. Turn the rat trap over and cook it with a match.. that to is deadly for no good Norway rats and mice too...

uncle buck

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 07:24:15 PM »
I had this Uncle that lived with us when I was a kid... Uncle Jack...when we would have a vermin problem Uncle Jack would drown the rats...He would take a 5 gallon bucket of water and fill it up with about 4 gallons of water in it.. He would take wax paper and place it on the top and secure the wax paper around the rim of the 5 gallon bucket side... He would take a knife and place long slits in the now tight wax paper.. the wax paper is important... Other papers will not work like newspaper.....He would take bacon grease and make a trail up a board to the top of the bucket.  The rat would climb the board and go out on the wax paper and its paws would slide on the wax paper and it would go through the wax paper and drown in the bucket below...Over the years I tried the same feat with newspaper and other papers but the secret is the wax paper since the SLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIDDDDDDDEEEEEEE and fall right through one of the slits and drown... A lot of work ? Yes but you do it this way you feel like you outsmarted a NO GOOD DIRTY ROTTEN RAT!!!    LOL  LOL 

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 05:30:18 PM »
Really, really slow on the Mouse line...
About 7 weeks ago I set Mouse traps in two of our sheds.
Fur shed got 6 traps, wood shop got 2 traps.
Results- one Kangaroo Mouse and one Mole, both is wood shop about 4 weeks into setting traps.

They are still set and 'open for business', so am letting them set.
How is everyone else doing on the Mouse line?

« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 05:34:24 PM by Hern »

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 06:11:19 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( Caught one, now I haven't got nuttin in a couple of weeks ??? ??? ??? Musta got the king mouse and the rest baled out  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) Those rascals are tough to skun...Hern maybe you could give we novices some tips on skunin them  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ do you use a mico necker to flesh them?  8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 06:14:26 PM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 07:16:44 AM »
do you use a mico necker to flesh them?
table spoon

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 09:39:32 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D Same spoon for your cereal?  ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 10:04:45 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Well you have heard of the "dish running away with the spoon" now I guess it's Hern running away with the spoon and his CEO chasing him for taking the flatware out of the house... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member