Author Topic: fishing at the cabin pond 2/13  (Read 2905 times)

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
fishing at the cabin pond 2/13
« on: February 13, 2011, 06:27:06 PM »
a bunch of us went fishing today at the cabin.  nice weather, little bit windy  but i don't think i buttoned my coat and was never cold.  fished from about 8 a.m until about 1 p.m.  caught a ton a fish.  a lot of big calicos, perch, and gills.   everyone caught between 75 to over 100 fish.  brough home a bucket full for some dinners.   Here is Forrest with a couple of calicos we caught. 

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: fishing at the cabin pond 2/13
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 06:33:20 PM »
a nice perch

uncle buck

Re: fishing at the cabin pond 2/13
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 08:08:46 PM »
Ah nice wish I was there...Wow that Calico..AKA Crappie might even be a award fish for Forrest.. The Fish commission gives awards if you catch large certain fish in Pa.. I think the Calico he has would gain him an award..  You have to take it to one of the bait shops and get it weighted or you have to weight and send in a picture.  they will give him a  patch saying he caught an award fish plus the paperwork with the weight and type of fish on the award certificate for the wall.. You might even know about this program.. You could go to the Fish & Boat  Commission web site. they would have all the info there...

Any way wow!!!nice Calico  also the perch is might nice size too!!!!  You guys keep up the good work!!!!