Author Topic: Handguns  (Read 5763 times)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Handguns
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2016, 03:29:36 PM »
 :) CJ  :) Nice!  :) How many years did you do? Just on the off chance...did you know Ron Wilson from Troxelville,Pa.? should have been there about the same time frame as you. He used to attend all the SF get together's before he passed.....I know he went to one in AZ or NM back around 2003...just wondering, sometimes it's a small world..... 8)

Offline coyotejohn

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2016, 04:21:16 PM »
Total of just a bit over 27, twenty-four first go around and three the last go around, most of that time with the 82nd, 173rd,SF and then - others that we don't talk about.  Did a couple of garrison tours, mostly as a paper pusher or instructor. The name Ron Wilson is familiar but can't put a face or place to it.  Do you know what Group or organization he was with? 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 04:22:44 PM by coyotejohn »
“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ And the warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm’.’”

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2016, 07:30:55 AM »
 :) 5th  SFG  :) VN, He was there mid 60's...He went to Germany after that. I have another friend from Jonestown..Bruce May...5th SFG..Ron was in the poop a lot......Bruce trained the un-trainable....lol...

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2016, 10:33:15 AM »
My S&W Mdl 57-1
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline coyotejohn

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2016, 11:10:20 AM »
I too was with the 5th in VN, mid 60's, SOG late 60's and then again in the late 60's.  Was also with the 1st in Okinawa with many of trips "off" the island.  Maybe that is why the name is familiar, many times you may be in the same Group but never see or meet others in the Group, but will occasionally hear a name mentioned.

“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ And the warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm’.’”