Author Topic: Remington 700's. Anyone else have one click when the bolt was shut  (Read 3322 times)

uncle buck

I have a  Rem 700 BDL 17 Rem.. One day hunting I didn't have any bullets in the gun and I closed the bolt when putting in the trunk of my vehicle and I heard CLICK!!! Now there has been communications on huntingpa about this.  After that happened I never took it hunting but I never saw a recall from Remington.  I was using it for chucks one Summer and I'm going to have it checked out by a gunsmith..  Anyone else ever have one of the Rem 700 be a BDL or an ADL go click when the bolt was closed? I know one thing... This is one person that going to make sure the safety is on for sure when closing the bolt on a Remington bolt action firearm...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 08:47:20 PM by uncle buck »

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
Re: Remington 700's. Anyone else have one click when the bolt was shut
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 11:49:02 PM »
UB
   I have the 700 17 FIREBALL. There is a recall in effect on the trigger. Had mine replace be them in September. A gunsmith in NY State did it. They send you a box to ship it in. Contact Remington on line.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 11:54:46 PM by dreamcatcher »
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 08:06:42 PM »
I'd heard that recall was because the trigger itself was breaking at the adjustment hole through the trigger... what had you heard about it?...

my 700 tactical in 308 was on the recall list, I just put a Timney in it...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Papa1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 09:11:52 PM »
UB,  I posted this on 4/13/2014.  Have a good Smith put a Timmeny on it like several of us have.  Just don't load it 'till you check things out.  Safety or not.
NRA Life-Benefactor   USP Member  SASS Life member  Mosquito Creek Life Member

Offline TrappinJohn

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 07:36:48 AM »
Had a Winchester 70 once that I had to take to a smith to be fixed.

They have the 3 position safety, which I really like.  Half was is still on safe, but you can open the bolt.
Was hunting ground hogs once and didn't get the safe pushed all the way forward.  It stopped in the middle position.  Pulled the trigger and heard a click.  Reached up and pushed the safety the rest of the way and the gun fired.

Offline Shurshot

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 06:22:50 PM »
Three years ago I sent my Model 7 in for the trigger recall by Remington.It took like 9-10 weeks till I had it returned,just in time to remount the base,rings and scope and zeroed in for deer season. Remington will not accept any gun on recall with anything else on the gun other then what came with it. When I received and opened the shipping box something didn't look right. Going over the paper work that was shipped back with the gun they said my stock and floor plate was cracked. Gheez I did not know that..The paper work also stated that Remington replaced the cracked parts FREE of charge. Now my bolt release has a pin mark in it to signify the required trigger work has been completed. I also have a model 600 that I had trigger work done that was in a recall.That rifle I delivered below Reading,and picked up, at a certified Remington gunsmith.I sometimes wish I would have dropped a Timmney in the Seven.
The Best Is Yet To Come ! I'm telling you !

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 11:34:13 PM »
UB
   I have the 700 17 FIREBALL. There is a recall in effect on the trigger. Had mine replace be them in September. A gunsmith in NY State did it. They send you a box to ship it in. Contact Remington on line.
  Thanks .. I keyed in my S/N for the  700 BDL and they said they were not a part of the recall.