Author Topic: gun shops  (Read 5303 times)

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
gun shops
« on: January 30, 2011, 11:05:18 AM »
where do you shop or not shop and why?? i look more for service than price, willing to pay a little more if the service is good, i have quit going to some shops within 10 min of my house and purchased upto 100+ mi away.
district #1

Offline jaybird

• Junior Forum Member
Re: gun shops
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 11:09:25 AM »
ed's sport shop... tamaqua pa... good people

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 12:48:00 PM »
If I need something from the local gun shop in my neighborhood.. It takes him so long to get the special orders in.. Like # 4  Buckshot or 50 grain Silvertips .224, or powders. I don't need it 5 weeks to 8 weeks from now.   So I use the Net or I do go to Shydas Gun Shop in Leabon, Pa for gun powders... They have one heck of a reloading department..

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 10:29:40 AM »
This is who I use near where I live.  However, they do not sell powders of any kind.  They will work with you on anything you need.  Fred, one of the owners, is like an encyclopedia of guns.  The knowledge and expertise is unmatched to any other gun shop I have ever dealt with over the years.

http://americanarms.net/
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 11:00:45 AM »
bdawg
   I go to Shooters Rendezvous here in Hobbie. He's close and reliable.
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 06:47:49 PM »
thanks dreamcatcher, i used to do a decent amout of my shopping @ shooters til an issue with a scope ,tried to get it taken care of he refused and i havent been back ,its been a couple years now
district #1

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 06:17:39 AM »
Piestraks gun shop in Alden. 

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 01:38:48 PM »
all of my gun purchases have been at a local shop.  about 2 miles away from home.  but I go there and tell them what I want not what I am looking for.  grices in clearfield blew my mind this fall when I walked in to what appeared to be a small hole in the wall place but in reality they had prob more stuff then bass pro.  I don't forsee any gun purchases in the near future but the next one is gonna be a carry gun.  thinkin a ruger lcr or a lcp.  but need to take care of other things first. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline wrestlingharley

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 09:45:26 PM »
J and E guns in bellefonte they can get nearly anything and can usually match or beat anyones prices...  www.jandeguns.com

Offline war_nrg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 12:09:49 PM »
Greetings,
I purchase my stuff through a central PA dealer who charges approx 5% over cost IE: CZ 527 American 221 fireball $632.00 + tax.  If any members from central PA are intreseted in this dealer PM me.  I will not put this source out to the general public.
Cheers
Cheers,
Bill

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 11:47:52 AM »
i finally made it out to shydas in lebanon on wed, very good selection , variety and nice people to deal with
district #1

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 06:56:02 AM »
I use Spruce Hill Sporting Goods. This is a great shop!  The owner is very friendly, has a lot of brains, and will help with whatever you need. His prices may be higher than cabelas, but his customer service is the best for my area.

Offline turkeyhunter94

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 01:43:41 PM »
I use reaper crew firearms in nothern cambria pa very good prices and willing to work with you

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 04:54:52 PM »
I go to Cabela's quite a bit, partly because it's on my way to my girlfriend's house, but mostly because it's mostly FREE.
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

uncle buck

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 06:55:36 PM »
I have been checking around for prices in the South Central Pa area... Found out that Trop Gun shop in Rheems, Pa had the best prices for what I was looking for... In all cases near $60.00 cheaper for both guns I was asking prices on...Plenty of sales person to wait on you too..