Author Topic: Savage model 10 predator  (Read 2907 times)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Savage model 10 predator
« on: August 17, 2009, 08:19:42 PM »
Looked at a Savage Model 10 Predator for a friend. Nice gun and i was impressed. Great trigger, Medium 22 inch heavy barrel, clip , nice fat bolt knob to work action. The gun should be very accurate. Good night time and day time predator rifle for about $600.00. I use high end guns myself but i do like this gun. I looked at a 223 caliber but i think they make it in 204 also.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 08:46:14 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Savage model 10 predator
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 11:14:28 PM »
been eyeing up the Mod 10 Predator since they came out. always have to ask the guy behind the counter to hand one over so i can drool over it some,,, ;D. Savages are by far the most accurate out-of-the box factory rifle out there. some may not like their style/looks....but darn if they dont punch small groups way out there.

hope to have one in 223 in my gun cabinet someday......
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 07:52:21 AM »
The savages are nice but these are far lighter shoot exellant,and in the cold a savage safety is sometimes a pain.We own many of both and the remington safety is far better in the cold,we have also had a little ring at the back of the bolt pop off in real cold weather on the savages,it spins right off,held on only with a half size ball bearing the size of a bb.Take a savage bolt out of a gun you can pop the pot metal ring off with little to no resistance.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire_rifles/model_seven/model_seven_predator.asp

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 08:59:32 AM »
I never shot the predator but I had a savage and I was not impressed with the trigger. Quick story. I adjusted the trigger all the way to 2.5 points and it would only fire sometimes. It almost cost me a 10 point in 06. I thought it was missfires but after looking at the primers I realized they had no dents. Luckely my cousin was using my Win mod 70 and handed it to my me cause he couldn't see it. I sold my gun after that..
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 11:45:55 AM by predator77 »
FayetteNam

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 12:00:52 PM »
Ian,

Nice buck man! I've never had any issues with my trigger on my sav model 25 in 223. When I bought the gun off of its original owner, he had told me he has the trigger down as far as it will go, now I havne't had it checked because it shoots just fine for me, but i've got nothing bad to say about the accutrigger. This rifle is also my first savage, and i'm sold. I will always like the remingtons, but to be honest, my deer rifle has been a springfield millitary issue 30-06 from WW2, and there aint nothin better than that gun when it comes to wack'n n stack'n back straps ;D
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 03:58:36 PM »
Nice Buck Ian!!