Author Topic: Tree Stand  (Read 2123 times)

Offline 97dend

Tree Stand
« on: January 17, 2007, 08:02:31 AM »
I am new to predator hunting and was wondering if anyone ever hunts coyote from a tree stand, I think I am going to take my portable and give it a try. I plan on staying in it for an hour. what do you think?

Offline Tracker

• Senior Forum Member
    • http://www.huntnpa.com
Tree Stand
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 03:46:42 PM »
Using a treestand is great for being able to see in all directions. I will use a stand if its already there and I can get to it without making noise.

Most predator hunters don't like to use them for a few reasons. Mostly because when your out calling you want to get in & out of your spot as quickly and quietly as possable. The extra weight, noise, and time to set-up and take down a stand, and the short time spent calling, makes it counterproductive.
hyp⋅o⋅crite: a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.
Synonyms: deceiver, dissembler, pretender, pharisee, phony.

Offline Ringtail

Tree Stand
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 04:07:37 PM »
If you want action as a predator hunter you don't want to wast time. A tree stand would work, but by the time you set everything up and stay on the stand for an hour you could have made 6 or 8 stands, making your chances of calling in a coyote much higher.
Coyote hunting is not like deer hunting, you're hunting one of the smartest predators in the Americas.