Author Topic: 8 in a row  (Read 4146 times)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
8 in a row
« on: June 15, 2010, 05:54:45 PM »
8th time to Raystown with Matt Davolli and striper streak continues...only got 1 this time but a nice 12lbs...got 2 lakers and a channel cat also, numerous near misses...great day  Matt out of Alexandria..814-669-8887 $250 for 2 for 6 hrs...but it actually was 7.5 hrs  great day again

uncle buck

Re: 8 in a row
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 08:11:13 PM »
Did you troll for them?  Do you have to bring your own poles? Sounds like an outstanding time...I have not hooked into Lake Trout since I was a teenager in Wilkes-Barre. Probably about  1965.  Use to fish Harveys lake for them with Christmas tree rigs  AKA  Cow Bells and red with black dots or black with red dots Flat Fish (5 inch lures)..

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 08:26:21 PM »
Nice haul!!!

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 08:29:14 PM »
jaspr,

Way to go man!!!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 10:52:24 PM »
Trolling with Alewives this time...you just show up at the designated launch at designated time, which was 5am this morning...my wife Nancy got 2nd place Hbg. Hunters and Anglers contest last yr for stripers with a 37 in. 20lb.fish losing by a quarter in...We actually had a top fish for the laker as the fish we had was around 30 in....28 won that contest last yr....I gave fish to Matt, although I have brought some home already, I am only one who eats fish at this address...others think their to "fishy" tasting...LOL ;D  I love this lake...I got my only 3 ft Musky fishing there ,which I released...also a lot of nice bass...I am a do it yourself type fisherman, but once or twice a year we might book with Matt....this makes it nice to take someone like my wife or sometimes we take 2 friends which makes it $175. for 2...big boat,he has bait,tackle and is fishing everyday so has a good idea where their at...can't guarantee fish but works hard to get them into boat...

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 05:30:08 AM »
The fish looks great...but...who is that ugly mug holding it??? Guess I should get Lil Goose up there to teach ya how to really catch them....just ask Hern.... ::) :D Way to go Jaspr1
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 06:49:44 AM »
He would be a lot more pleasant to have on board than you... ;D...that's for sure.  Actually he would be a lot better than Rodhog Nancy also.. ;D She was guarding the port side rods like Fort knox and of course I had the first hit,right side....so after reloading she was over on the starboard side...so of course I took a hit over on the left but graciously let her land the fish after setting the hook... ::) So back over to the left she went and I got both rods on the right side at the same time...lol..Matt and I had quite a good time busting on her strategy!!!  She's usually pretty lucky but yesterday wasn't her day,she was dreaming of a 40 pounder and it just didn't happen... 8)

Offline kyle21

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 02:06:26 PM »
if you really wanna have some fun with the stripers go down to raystown during the spawn....light tackle with top water plugs at night is a blast!

uncle buck

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 05:30:58 PM »
Heard Stripers like shrimp??????  Heard that they use this at Pinchot Lake in York County....Also heard same lake...Pinchot they hit  surface plugs at nighttime like kyle21 also recommended..