Author Topic: Catfish hunter...  (Read 4132 times)

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
Catfish hunter...
« on: July 19, 2009, 04:45:28 PM »
So last night we worked the night shift on the Susquehanna, slayin some cats. We were out from like 930 (which in my mind is a little late) unil about 3ish, and landed double digit cats each into the boat. I've got a thick coat of fish slime to get washed outa the boat today! I would say my friend and I's average was close to 20 in per cat. We both caught a fish that was getting close to 30 inches, both channels and not flatheads for once. This is a pretty tipical night for the area, although we were a litte disapointed we didn't get any "catfish hunters," which we refer to as the 35'' and above class. Almost lost a few st. croix rods in the process as well, let me tell ya, 200 bucks bounching across the back of your boat while your head is turned is not a happy sound  ;D Only one flathead caught all night, and he was only 20 inches. I'll get some pics of the fish and the trip here soon, and if anyone wants to make a fishing event or some sort of online tourny we can set something up, only for bragging rights.
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline waterfowler1183

• Junior Forum Member
Re: Catfish hunter...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 09:40:15 PM »
Oh ok I take you out for predators and dont get an invite for catfish.  Some huntin buddy you are LOL.  Sign me up for your catfish tourny I already got the hog huntin bragging rights LOL

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 01:01:06 AM »
I believe there was a text sent that said, and I quote, " Hey you interested in a little boat vs boat catty tourny tonight?" haha and obviously I've shot all the hogs out early in the season before the contest of all the places i've got to shoot cuz they aint around anymore hahaha...but yes we may have to hook up a district 2 catfish tourny...open to boats and shore, picture with longest fish wins, time and date to be determined...
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline waterfowler1183

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 04:33:58 PM »
I think that would be a great idea.  And although my fishing skills are mediocre at best I will be there to try and better you at yet another feat LOL.  Let me know what I can do to help put this together partner

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 09:24:35 PM »
i'll steer the boat as my catfish catchin skills STINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 12:31:20 AM »
well being stinky in catfish angling, is actually not always that bad of a thing to be! haha would you be interested in a weekend of catty fishin woody?
              "CritterDone"

Offline waterfowler1183

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 06:10:55 PM »
I think there is a possibility our first D2 event could involve a lil friendly competition catfish outing.  What do ya say partner

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 08:16:55 PM »
Let me know when and I'll be there
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline waterfowler1183

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 08:26:40 PM »
I will have to run it by my Co District 2 coordinator but im sure he will be up for it.  We will try to put something together and would appreciate any input.  Thanks

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 01:07:32 AM »
I'm ready for some friendly catfishin competition...at this point i'm lookin free the 3rd weekend of august...maybe...haha...tony, i'll talk to you tomorrow i'm sure and probably get together at our usual weds meeting to talk about this...if anyone has any ideas or input as tony(waterfowler) said, it will be highly appreciated...and of course anyone may show up from any district if we get something together
              "CritterDone"

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 01:22:39 AM »
If we do a centralized competition, as in have a tourny at the susquehanna, obviously anyone with a boat has plenty of access. If you need some pointers on where its good, and where to stay out of trouble I can get ya where ya need to go. If people would want to come and fish and do not have a boat, there are PLENTY of places to fish along the banks, and if anyone needs to be pointed in the right direction, i'll send you there (even if it is good spot) haha. I'm sure anyone that has a boat and has room to spare on it, they would be willing to haul people around. I personally have room for 6 on my boat, but to be honest its only comfortable for 3 fishermen, if you're fishing two rods each. Again if its a centralized location, which in my opinion I think would be fun to meet other people, we could start by having some food at a pavilion around noonish on a saturday...then go over some rules....and fish until whichever given time people want to stop...if we can't get enough people here to fish, we can do an online picture post...again suggestions appreciated and i'll iron out some things with tony tomorrow
              "CritterDone"