Author Topic: Bow Season tomorrow  (Read 4992 times)

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Bow Season tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 01:32:06 PM »
I've been out since the early season openned a few weeks ago.  I saw a doe and fawn openning night but no luck.  Since then I have dove hunters hunting under my stand and wouldn't leave, that was last weekend.  This morning I had 2 other boy hunters walk in at 0645 to their stands.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 03:25:14 PM »
I was out this morning and didn't see a thing. Most of the guys I've talked to today that hunt around here haven't seen anything either. I'm heading back out in a little bit and see if my luck changes some. Good luck guys.
President PPHA

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2009, 03:55:39 PM »
that buck came from the hollow you and earl seen the coyote come up out of,come on down mutt i put you in a good spot.

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2009, 04:05:48 PM »
Saw a a mother with three fawns this morning. She had i doe fawn and two buck fawns. 20 yards

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2009, 04:48:18 PM »
I saw 5 doe, but they were at my wife's bird feeder. As soon as she puts out the food they hear the noise of the lid and show up. Just like them high dollar deer hunts out west.  :o
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2009, 07:43:24 PM »
Had a 4 point follow my trail to the tree. Seen a bigger buck 30 yards away but behind some underbrush. Did some still hunting this afternoon. Passed on a small doe. Jumped another in a corn field. Could have shot a fox 7 yards away and it never seen me. Jumped 2 bucks bedding together. Sat in the field this evening and say to 4 points and when I was getting up to leave I spokked a doe. I saw 2 maybe 3 red fox.
FayetteNam

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2009, 08:17:19 PM »
My evening hunt consisted of 1 doe and 1 fawn at first. Ten minutes later another 1 year old doe came past with a 1 year old 4 point. I jumped another one coming out of the woods but it was too dark to see what it was. This is why Bow season is longer than one day. It ain't over till the big Buck sings!
President PPHA

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2009, 08:23:50 PM »
,come on down mutt i put you in a good spot

Brian, I might take you up on that offer. Problem is, I don't know when. I'm in town next week and then I'm gone till Nov 1. Maybe when I get back if I'm not scheduled to go some place else. Thanks.
President PPHA

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2009, 09:52:45 PM »
Nothing this morning but a coon
6 point, spike and mother doe and 2 yearlings this afternoon

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2009, 12:23:50 AM »
Saturday afternoon I got out, had a 3 point on one side, busted antler on the other come running in right up to my stand, didn't have enough time to stand up and grab the bow off the hanger, he stood broadside at 15 yards, had to watch him walk off due to he would have totally seen me stand up, even though I was close to 30 feet up the tree, I didn't have much cover in that stand...later near almost dark I had 4-5 unidentified deer come crashing through the wood lot from I think was a party I wasn't invited too on the next farm over...they had some good tunes playin though...ha
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"