Author Topic: Sadly not a fan of AR15  (Read 11427 times)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Sadly not a fan of AR15
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2013, 06:32:11 AM »
The rifle your grandson is shown with...What is that?....... I think he needs to grow a bit,but I bet he's game to shoot it...lol...

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2013, 07:39:47 AM »
 ;D John can correct me but I'm thinking a 50 BMG  :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Cskypup

• Junior Forum Member
  • Self-professed predator junkie full time Sheepdog!
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2013, 01:28:23 PM »
Well guys my wife really wants semi-autos to become legal here in Pa and she's not a hunter! You wanna
hear her reason......she said if using an AR based platform I won't need to buy any more guns!? My wife can
then use all of my "gun" money for her pen obsession! Maybe the Commonwealth forsees this happening
enmass which would put other non AR companies out of business?

BTW guys I'm kidding. IMO and experience it doesn't matter what an idiot hunts with be it pump, bolt, semi-auto
or full auto they are still idiots and will continue to tarnish good and ethical hunters reps.

Chris
Savage 340 in .222 Rem
Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x
XLR 250 kill light
Chinese  knockoff lights that are the best ever
Mrod in .25cal my secret weapon out in other states anywat

Offline coyotejohn

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2013, 07:23:35 PM »
;D John can correct me but I'm thinking a 50 BMG  :P

Correct Goose, mine was an ArmaLite, but some of the other guys preferred the Barrett, obviously both will get the job done.  By the way, mine fully decked out, weighted in at a bit over thirty pounds. As you can see it is not a weapon you would want to use if you had to move out in a hurry and say run 100 yards with a pack and rifle to your extraction point. 

I don't believe any of them you showed are near the equivalent of the ar 15 that you will see in the common hunting scene . 

Both of the ones I posted are available on the civilian market with the same mil specs.  Are the common, probably not I only know of two out here in our area that have them, both in .308. 

IMO and experience it doesn't matter what an idiot hunts with be it pump, bolt, semi-auto
or full auto they are still idiots and will continue to tarnish good and ethical hunters reps.

Chris, hard to argue with that statement.  Dumb is as dumb does.
“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ And the warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm’.’”

Offline JimmyLenz

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2013, 08:11:48 PM »
We are hunters of the hunters .  Our areas are not large But those of narrow landscapes .  Our prey is keen and sly. .  Our firearms choices are determined by the commission with public safety in mind .   These choices have been made and set forth by the actions committed by the retarded .  We are judged not by our actions as the slim few that choose and have the skills and dedication to take down the smartest prey in the land .  But the actions of those hunting the dumbest prey on the plot .   This is why we can't have nice things .  Redirect your complaints to the appropriate party .    They should be easy to find at any range now that a bounty has been passed

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2013, 05:16:59 PM »
This is a little off topic..but when were you with the 5thSF..you had it in your ps... just wondering.. 8)

Offline coyotejohn

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2013, 12:21:09 PM »
The rifle your grandson is shown with...What is that?....... I think he needs to grow a bit,but I bet he's game to shoot it...lol...

He hasn't shot it yet, but his sister did when she was eleven, which was about five years ago. 
This is a little off topic..but when were you with the 5thSF..you had it in your ps... just wondering.. 8)

Jun 64 - Jul 65 
“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ And the warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm’.’”