Author Topic: Hugh bucks!  (Read 2353 times)

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
Hugh bucks!
« on: July 11, 2010, 10:44:12 PM »
Five years ago I had permission from the owner of 80 acres to hunt his land. He had so much vandalism, he threw everyone out and posted the entire property. He installed a gate and no one went in or out. I saw him today while taking a ride on my motorcycle and we sat and discussed his property. After our discussion and my promise to keep everyone else out, I gained permission to hunt the 80 acres again. He has about 3 acres he cuts and the rest (including) a big pond is thickets and woods. So, I went over this evening an hour before dark and sat in my truck and watched the three cut acres with the 3 apple trees that had apples falling on the ground. First, I saw 4 ground hogs. Then I saw a small 3 point. Then out of the brush came a doe and 2 bucks. They came to the apple tree that was no more than 15 yards from my truck and started to dig into the apples. One buck was a nice sized 8 point, not a very good rack, 3 on one side and 5 on the other. Looked like about a 16 inch spread, tines about 5 inch's high. The other buck was a perfect ten point. He didn't like the doe eating his apples so he reared up and started to pound the tar out of the doe. He knocked her down and kept beating her with his front paws. You could tell he meant business. She stood up, shook it off and retreated into the woods. Now, the ten point was a beauty. Already close to a 20 inch spread and 7 to 8 inch tines. He will be a wall hanger this year. Imagine that, now I know he is there. Victory will be mine! When I backed out, I needed to put my truck in to 4 wheel drive and that's when I spilled a whole cup of coffee in my new truck. The end to a perfect day went down hill at the last minute. Don't drink and drive.
President PPHA

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
Re: Hugh bucks!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 09:23:24 PM »
Drink first THEN drive !!!!!!!!!!! ;D
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."