Author Topic: My Coyotes Smarther Then Your Coyote!  (Read 1948 times)

uncle buck

My Coyotes Smarther Then Your Coyote!
« on: February 01, 2010, 07:00:14 PM »
Wonder what turns the coyotes into bubbling idiots?  Could it be they do not have the wolf gene? Could it be that once the populations increase in any given area they put their guard down a bit since they need to get to that rabbit before the other 999 coyotes in that square mile... Or could it be with old age? They obtain wisdom?  Now if I called in the same coyotes 8 times finally he or she says "I am not going down there, I know who is down there and this time he just might get a shot off!"
Why do some come to just a jack rabbit sound while others you have to Yank their chain and play with their brain...You will from time to time be calling fox and low and behold in comes a coyote to your fox calling...Could be he or she hungry..Could be he or she is so sickly they just can't say no!!!

I Know One Thing? "My Coyotes Smarter Then Your Coyotes!"   Hope you get that jest of this...That's the old Kennel Ration commercial song!!!!!!!!

Ah just think when the populations explode and they all turn into blooming idiots!!!!I will be calling them in with Lips Squeals!!!!!! 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 07:01:33 PM by uncle buck »

furblaster

Re: My Coyotes Smarther Then Your Coyote!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 07:18:00 PM »
We believe the coyote population is getting lowered. PA. coyotes die young, as we have Lyme's disease, and other canine diseases, the west doesn't have as bad. A 4 year old Is old in PA. Read the study done by a PA. University, Brian went to get Tyler, he would know the name, it is up near I80, towards Erie, he said it when we were going fishing and passed the sign. We were on I79, north.

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: My Coyotes Smarther Then Your Coyote!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 07:44:17 PM »
Coyote population out here on the east is grown and more and more we are seeing packs of dogs rather than 1 here and 2 there.  i have had more calls this year about coyotes than any other and people are seeing big groups. 

i think that like people, some coyotes are smarter than others, all the dogs i had over the years each one of them had a different personality, (not all coyotes are created equal) match the personality to the coyote your hunting and your odds go up.  i have one yote on this farm that is this years pup, thinking the only way i am going to get him is late in the year with snow on the ground and he is hungry..