Author Topic: Some of you have heard this story but if not?  (Read 2001 times)

uncle buck

Some of you have heard this story but if not?
« on: December 04, 2009, 11:28:55 PM »
I was hunting fox one February night...There was snow on the ground and one did not need a light...Under the conditions I will dressed in complete snow camo, face, hands, and glove...I  like to wear those Cabelas White with Grey coverall they sale...They are lined and keep you warm...Of course They have big pockets and that helps to carry your gear in...In one of the pockets was mhy Quakerboy bulb squeaker.....I loaded my 700 BDL 17 Rem CF closed my drunk of the foxmobile.. I started walking away from the Foxmobile...Must have been only 40 yards away...Of course as I walked the bulb squeaker in my pocket on the coverall started squeaking...As I took a step it squeaked..."Squeak  Squeak  squeak1'  seconds a red fox came running down the farm road where I parked and ran right at me...I called in that red just by the bulb squeaker being in my coverall pocket.  The fox came right to and opps this is not a fieldmouse.. This is a Man!  It, the red fox takes off and I take two quick shots at it as I it runs over to the next county.....I am startled, the fox was startled so I missed him with the shots I took....

Now it does not end there....I bend down to pick up the fired brass in front of me in the snow....I start squeaking again as I bend over. "Squeak Squeak!  Squeak!   Now remember the bulb squeaker is in my pocket.... I called in anthor red fox and it ran right at me!!!!!! I missed this one two with the remaining ammo I had in the 17 Rem 700 BDL.    So there you go....Two red fox called in back to back with a bulb squeaker that was squeaking in my pocket of  my white  coveralls.  What a call in and what a story to remember to this day!!!!!!