Author Topic: Tune it up!!!!  (Read 6943 times)

Renny

Re: Tune it up!!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 05:17:34 AM »
I've drank a few beers with Matt but never watched his video.  Is it good?  Whats he show?  Heck of a nice guy and will make you laugh for days.....

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 10:13:25 PM »
I think its good...he mostly sets home made wooden cubbies, and keeps'm off the water line 5-10 feet, sets on sign and puts down a good trail scent with fish oil to the cubbies...also sets high trails with 220's which we can't do...i'm sure cubbies and DP's could be set about the same as he does and the river would have to come up 5 feet in one night, and if you're doing it for a week...you an look ahead far enough to see if we're going to get that much rain...also shows his log set with CS's, which is just a log cut with notches to hold bait and works like a PVC set but it doesn't stick out to theives, and he ran those on drowners...some pocket stuff but not much...the begining of the video is him and Len Williams hittin crossovers and trails to creeks with 220's, which we can't do...but I found the river part good info...
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Renny

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 05:45:37 PM »
I should have built this sifter a long time ago.......  tick tock!!!!

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 05:46:58 PM by Renny »

Renny

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 10:58:01 PM »
Tuned and degreasing......

Renny

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2011, 05:33:53 AM »
Working on a box to hold traps, critters and stuff.  Also making a couple blood boxes for the bottom....  Awful quiet roun here!

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2011, 07:04:19 AM »
I was thinking of making a box to lay the critters in but am undecided on how to make it.Thought about maybe putting sawdust or straw in the bottom to soak up fluids.Any suggestions?

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2011, 07:38:55 AM »
Cat litter is what I been using.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Renny

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2011, 08:55:40 AM »
Cat litter.  I'll take a pic when I finish them today.  I think I'm gonna line the bottom of the box with pig mats.

Renny

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2011, 11:06:06 AM »

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2011, 12:21:24 AM »
as long as they don't freeze to the bottom of the boat, my boat gets hosed out at the end of the day :)...you're boat must be fancy  ;D
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Renny

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2011, 11:18:24 AM »
Yea right!  I'm not doing this to keep the boat clean.... Its to try and keep the fur dry and clean and cool them down quicker.  Thats another reason I am staying up on the bank and not in the water.  Plus I'm gonna nab a fox or two Im sure.

Renny

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2011, 02:19:35 PM »
Almost archery season!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2011, 06:01:50 PM »
Renny you sure have a pile of traps there. I would have a heart attack lugging all those traps around. LOL How many animals due you average to trap each season? 

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2011, 09:03:47 PM »
Wow man, you got quite the rigging to do just about anything you want to I'm impressed can't wait to see pictures.

Ryan.
District 4

Renny

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2011, 12:33:46 PM »
Every year is different as things change such as priorities, weather, and animal populations just to name a few.  I have goals to reach in a short amount of time then going to NY to trap with a friend for a few days.....  then I will trap at a more leasurly pace and just enjoy life if the weather holds.

Everything is pretty much ready for the river line exept maybe a full day or day and halfs work, and that will be done by early next week.  I just went down to grab my trail camera by my tree stand at 11:35 this am and say a HUGE 8 point but got no pics of him.  I pulled the camera and wont go back until sat.  Now all I can think about is archery season....... dang he was nice!  See how easy priorities can change? 8)