Author Topic: Cable Restraint reminders  (Read 2204 times)

uncle buck

Cable Restraint reminders
« on: December 17, 2010, 06:50:15 PM »
I do like to set cable restraints at times and I think that everyone should do it at least once in their lifetime..

Some important things can make predator trapping with restraints more enjoyable for you..

Just do what they tell you to do in the hand out they give you...Keep this handout in a safe place  for future use in the field and refresher too.  You can't remember everything you comprehend and we all need refresher now and then... ... If you make adjustments on some of the data they tell you to do your going to get educated real fast..

One of the big and one important thing to remember is the size of the loop...Now if you go larger then what they recommend or tell you in the book your going to catch bigger critters that just might not break the quick release like the book says will happen.. The hand out is going to tell you for fox use this size loop for coyotes use this size loop... If you go larger... oh my are you asking for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone who uses cable restraints want to give new cable restraint and current users some good words of wisdom????
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 06:52:55 PM by uncle buck »

Offline kyle21

• Junior Forum Member
Re: Cable Restraint reminders
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 09:29:56 PM »
anyone know were i can take the cable restraint class? Id really like to give them a try

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 10:58:14 PM »
Most classes are given in Summer, September and prior to the trapping season...You might have to wait until next year to get certified. The next PA Trapping rendezvous they certify people then..

Offline kyle21

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 12:03:46 AM »
i figured itd probly be in the summer guess ill have to keep my eyes and ears open