Author Topic: Any news on the hunters giving seminars at the Expo  (Read 2637 times)

Offline furbug

• Junior Forum Member
Any news on the hunters giving seminars at the Expo
« on: May 07, 2010, 05:30:41 PM »

Would be nice to see PA. hunters who know the tricks of the trade here, instead of
Wyoming, etc.

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
Re: Any news on the hunters giving seminars at the Expo
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 07:50:11 PM »
Pete Hauer will be speaking...he's one of the best fox men in the east, does most his hunting in maryland....

There will be other PA and near by local talkers at the expo...

My understanding is the list is almost complete but still growing...
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 11:37:20 PM »

Would be nice to see PA. hunters who know the tricks of the trade here, instead of
Wyoming, etc.

I use to think the same way....West just was not like hunting here in the East...Then I had the honor of doing a seminar along with Randy Anderson....It was Randy Anderson who told me how to harvest Pa Coyotes...I did just what he said to do and Let see.....while I have not killed 43 Pa coyotes to date ....I sure have called that many in.......this past season I called in 14...Had I killed all those 14 I would be writing a book.  LOL but I would have to give credit to the guy from Nebraska...Randy Anderson...

When you go to the seminars... Listen for things like how coyotes act...Knowing that you can adjust accordingly and call in many of our Smart Eastern coyotes...

I have heard of that caller from wyoming...Would be nice to pick his brain too.....
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 11:38:26 PM by uncle buck »

Offline furbug

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 03:43:02 PM »

Well most new hunters call them in and never know it. 14 is a good number, did any present you a shot? That is the problem, whats the secret to killing them?
I don't think Randy is any better than most in PA and has no secret. He was on talkcast, and said us PA. hunters do not howl enough, there is a small window of the year howling will help you, any other time it will end your stand.

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 04:00:48 PM »
No...When hunting coyotes I will do coyote vocalization 365 days a year....September is when they are vulnerable to just doing food sounds... There is a person on here that killed one in September using a bulb squeaker.  I called one in last season using Foxpro Jack rabbit Distress sound on an FX5.  It was December and I was hunting fox under windy conditions. Hence My reason for going to the Jack distress..  The Jack sound was playing about 20 minutes when the coyote appeared.  However other times it all going through calling sequence.

The Expo will be good because you can pick the brain of many of the PPHA members who will be there... Most will pass on bits and pieces of good info at events.

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 05:50:32 PM »
removed a bunch of post for being off topic,