Author Topic: Kill light is a 100 yard light  (Read 3845 times)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Kill light is a 100 yard light
« on: October 16, 2010, 10:17:03 AM »
Tested out the XLR 250 kill light last night light with Muttbuster. OUTSTANDING light. The light should work to see eyes comming in at somewere around 175 yards. We could see the bodies of deer at about 100 yards. When mounting the light on a scope  you see a little further.  Of all the handheld lights i have used this is the best i have seen. Apparenty the red LED bulb does do defuse the light as much as using a red lense. You talk about seeing raccoons eyes up in the tall trees. This is the light. You shotgunners will love this light. No more heavy battery to carry. For all purpose this light is all you will need for average predator hunting under normal conditions. It's the best $105.00 i have spent and will probably order a second one.. Comes with battery charger, Scope and barrel rings for 1 inch and 30mm and also a instant switch.The light uses 1 battery and lasted about 1 1/2 hours last night. I just carried extra batteries. Very impressed with the quality of the light.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 10:25:25 AM by foxpro51 »

Offline stickbow

• Junior Forum Member
Re: Kill light is a 100 yard light
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 09:21:16 PM »
There is a big difference in size between a deer, a fox, a cat. Could you ID a fox definate at 150 yards, in some weeds? Just wondering thought about 1 myself. We put the 100 lumin tactical lights from Walmart that comes with 3 lense and we can ID a target easy to 150 yards mounted and it was 30 dollars, and 11 for the scope mount. That light is supposed to be like 500 lumins, if i'm not mistaken.

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 09:32:13 PM »
Did look at a post at about 100 yards and could see it clearly with binoculars. Tried  a scope and light does not seem bright enough to see cross hairs at 100 yards. ? It will pick up eyes very well though.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 09:38:47 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 09:57:40 PM »
stickbow
If you can see and ID a critter at 150 yards with 100 lumen your eyes are better then mine. Yea I do wear glasses. With this new 500 lumen light it is at least 4 times brighter, so who knows how far you will be able to see with good eyes. I personally ID a red fox in a yard at 75 yards with no scope or binoculars with a XLR 250 kill light.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline stickbow

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 02:30:03 PM »
Did look at a post at about 100 yards and could see it clearly with binoculars. Tried  a scope and light does not seem bright enough to see cross hairs at 100 yards. ? It will pick up eyes very well though.

Thanks that was what i was wondering. They put a lumins number on these lights, i have seen 80 lumin lights brighter than one stamped 300 lumin. I can see my cross hairs at 125 or more very easy on the 3a led from walmart that comes with 3 covers. I bought the mount from where the kill light is sold.