Author Topic: Gun question woo hoo!!!  (Read 1967 times)

Offline lunchbox

• Junior Forum Member
Gun question woo hoo!!!
« on: February 28, 2009, 03:38:33 AM »
Ok im not so tired of the .270 with 90gr bullets for coyotes but i need some opions out there. ITs gun shopping time for me soon and im stuck between 2 awesome rounds of coarse .223 and .22-250 I used to have a .22-250 i sold before i moved (shaking my damn head) I know a ton about both rounds but one thing wich 1 do you think would still shoot under an inch after 10yrs with care and not buying a new barrel? I plan on putting a new trigger and im bedding the barrel also... I hear the .22-250 is known to chew up the barrels after ahwile but its easier to do with the .223 giving the avalibility of the ammo that arnt FMJ. Also what make and model would you say, im leaning to a remington sps V so far but hav heard just a few problems but none that cant be fixed. I love to coyote hunt and im only 24 so a fairly heavy gun dont bother me like it would my dad (53y.o with m.s)... So lets hear what you guys gotta say.

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Gun question woo hoo!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 09:23:59 AM »
Check out CZ USA. Very accurate varmint guns. I have several and I like them all.
President PPHA

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 06:18:52 PM »
can't comment on the caliber but i just bought a remington sps,  i was going to get the sps varmit until i had it in my hands,  it is a very bulky and heavy rifle, would be great for killing chucks but i think it would be akward in the woods.  just my opinion though.  my sps shoots very well and i haven't had any problems as of yet.  knock on wood. 

Offline Jake

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 01:52:29 PM »
I have the Rem sps varmit, yes, it is heavy,  but I use a bipod and I dont lug it around that much, I get to my spot and I sit for about an Hour or so. then I walk down to jump in my Rhino and go to a differnt spot.
as far as, being hard on the barrel, it is not that bad. even target shooting, Rem . 223 is the only wat I would go in Pa.  the 22 - 250 I would want to have ive I was hunting out west. and the shots where way out there 3, 400 Yrs.    Well this is only my taste in the Varmit guns.
It is, What it Is.

BP

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 03:10:20 PM »
Go for light weight! Guns last forever and you WILL get old!

Offline lonegunman

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 04:59:37 AM »
Go for light weight! Guns last forever and you WILL get old!

Im new and just started hitting these forums. I know this is an older post but, your reply made me laugh.. It IS sound advice.
Next Stop ,,,Willoughby !!