Author Topic: Doe Tags  (Read 5968 times)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Doe Tags
« on: August 06, 2015, 11:59:15 AM »
 >:( >:( >:( Kinda ironic that I received my second tag before my first tag arrived (by two days)....Sent first to Adams County treas. and the second to Franklin County treas....both were for 5A.... ??? ??? ??? ???  ??
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
Re: Doe Tags
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 12:40:54 PM »
I have not received either yet but they cashed my checks and got they're money. One for 2G other was 5B
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 04:57:38 PM »
Bowman66, same here for me and both my boys.  2G and 5B
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Bigcat

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 09:10:57 PM »
Nothing in the mail for me but I checked the site and was awarded my 2d tag. I got my 2G tag the first day of licences sales   DMAP
Home D-5
Camp D-3

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 08:19:21 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D Ya'll forgot the second stamp and they just took your money!!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 12:04:40 AM »
Wow many WMU are sold out. I got two in 5A. Going to  hunt some of my old areas I hunted in the 70's and early 80's and also some new 5A areas. Enjoy hunting deer with a crossbow. Nice to not have to hunt in 5B CWD area and have to take deer to a approved PGC butcher. I don't live in 5B CWD area so I would have to butcher the deer where I shot it. Hence not under the CWD guide lines anymore.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 12:10:08 AM by uncle buck »

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 08:19:01 AM »
UB...better make sure the 70's areas are still huntable....a lot of development in those areas  :( :( :( :(
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 04:38:26 PM »
The land where Gander Mtn is in the Scotland Mall.. That still open yet... LOL  LOL  No matter if there are cars in the parking lot or not...   Now I will be hunting many a public lands... I took a ride through out areas of Cumberaland county and said to myself.  "All These Years I never Knew I could Hunt On So Much Acerage.. Now I know there will be 999 other hunters there too...However many of them have to work..

Offline HDRoadking3058

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 05:01:10 PM »
Where I live and hunt I  wmu 2b sw pa they never sell all the doe tags and I usually buy 1 only.  The clerk at the treasurers office told me they always have 10 to 15 thousand that they never sell and the deer are quite plentiful in some areas.
Tim
Westmoreland County
District 6

uncle buck

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 06:57:15 PM »
I guess Va allows you for $82.00 to harvest  3 bucks and 3 doe with a firearm..Now if you pay $32.00 more you can use your bow and or crossbow instead of the gun in seasons.. Same kill qty.. Now you can also take 3 turkey one of which is a Spring Gobbler, and one bear for that  $82.00.  Now what I like is that when I hunt with my crossbow there I will be able to shoot deer, a bear, and two turkey all at the same time in archery season...One of the bucks can be a Y or a spike too..  I suppose Va can do this because they have so much National  Parks closed to hunting etc... I guess they figure no one could shoot all the deer out of the state. As you know now.. to hunt predators in Va it cost something like $108.00 for the small game license...Again you can take  12 bobcat a year in Va and fox, coyotes etc are unlimited.. You can hunt a night, use lights, and use AR's  or semiautomatic rifles..So I can get an out of state license that takes  three kinds of hunts for me and it's going to cost 228.00.  Might even be nice to do some small game hunting down there for rabbits, grouse, and quail..Yep that's a part of the predator license to hunt them..

uncle buck

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 07:01:54 PM »
Take a Man like Pagoosehunter... He could be at my hunting grounds down there in 1 hour and 40 min.. It's like 133miles away from him... Now the Va border? wow he can be there in about 1 hour and hunt at an outstanding outdoor town called Front Royal.. Me from Camp Hill it's a  2 hour 40 min trip for me and it's  183 miles from my house to where I would hunt.. Some of you hunters that are closer to the MD border below me in Camp Hill.. You don't even realize how close some real good hunting is to you...Do a mileage thing mapquest from your home to the Va town of Front Royal  Remember in Va, WV, Md the speed limit is  70-75 MPH  MPH. So you can't go by what the computer tells you for an EAD.

Now the fishing opportunity.. Out of state fishing license for one full year...from when you buy it! $59.00. Of course you fish for trout you will have to pay another $59 for the trout stamp for one full year  for Out Of State..
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 07:04:56 PM by uncle buck »

uncle buck

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 07:06:15 PM »
There are a few negative things... You have to get a tag for each bobcat you kill to bring it back to Pa..I think you can only kill 1 cat a day but you can take a total of  12 for the entire year..

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 08:17:28 AM »
UB, there just isn't enough hours in a day to do the mega hunts anymore,  :o :o :o :o :o or should I say the body just can't keep up with the desire  :P :P :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 08:16:26 PM »
I know what your saying about time PAGOOSE.  That BS that when you retire your going to have all of this  time.  I guess I always wanted my own hunting cabin somewhere.. Now I have a place that I don't have to maintain the cabin.. Do work details, have  2000 acres to hunt on.. It's close.. 3 buck and 3 doe, a black bear, and 2 turkey all in the same month with a crossbow is kind of like a dream come true for me.. Of course as I go down there and hunt and turns out great I will let you know... Been talking about maybe doing a hunt down there with one of the PPHA members... Actualy on my old web site there was a member that went by the name MODEL99ER.. He lives down there in the Massanutten area.  I have been trying to get in contact with him. There is also the George Washington National Forest that you can hunt in too... The  2000 acres that I hunt on butts right up against it.. what is nice down in Va... The people are truly nice Southerners..Nothing like going into a restaurant and the people are nice.  Not like some places in Pennsatucky..
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 08:18:35 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 08:49:05 PM »
 ;) ;) Yep the Massanutten area is nice, been there. In fact I know a guy that hunts there almost every year...he was in the old 85 code...when the family and I went down we stayed at the resort... 8) 8) 8) 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member