Author Topic: skunked again  (Read 1862 times)

Offline madcatter

• Junior Forum Member
skunked again
« on: November 12, 2007, 06:10:45 PM »
3 trips in a row i havent seen anything.i have been getting in off main roads about 2-3 miles by bycyle,hunting the high valleys with thick brish,swampy thickets in the bottoms.i set up with the jackinbox decoy and wait a few minutes and start about 1/2 set.all i been calling in is hawks and owls,seems i have to leave the foxpro at home and resort to the mouth calls i guess.the area i am hunting has been a spot that the deer hunters bust a few coyotes every season but i have yet to hear them in the morning or evenings.

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
skunked again
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 07:52:15 PM »
Archery hunters, Squirrel hunters, Muzzleloader Hunters, Turkey Hunters, Smallgame hunters & Trappers are putting pressure on Coyote this time of year.
Human activity displaces Coyote.
Also, disperal has started. The pups you may have heard yip'n, bark'n and howl'n in late summer/early fall, may have flown the coop and may be serveral zip codes away.

Any fresh sign around?
Are you sure they are there, NOW?
You can't call what's not there.

Offline madcatter

• Junior Forum Member
skunked again
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 06:24:32 PM »
the only fresh sign is some footprints on the muddy parts on the road,its aleast a 1 hour walk to where i have been biking to,thats all i am aware of.i figure 2 more hunts then i am just waiting till the winter to try again.seems that either there is plenty of food and they just dont seem interested in distress calls which i find not likely of maybe some other hunting pressure.i didnt see any footprints this far in

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
skunked again
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 11:13:42 PM »
Bro your gettin to serious on this chit... stands are to be made within 5 minutes walk of your truck... save the bike rides for nice days and fair weather...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...