Author Topic: Trapping problem animals  (Read 2186 times)

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Trapping problem animals
« on: July 11, 2010, 09:24:17 PM »
once in a while i will get a call from a property owner about a coyote coming too close to the houses or one that is killing chickens or ducks but tonight was a first.  I came home and jackie said one of the property owners I know called and is having problems with a grouse.  He is a non hunter and didn't want to kill it but asked if we could trap it and relocate it.  I went up his house to see what was going on, here they have been feeding this grouse all summer and it recently started to attack them.  so i set a box trap to see if we can get him relocated if not the po owner said it needs to be removed any way possible. 

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Trapping problem animals
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 10:06:02 PM »

Do you have a permit from the PGC to remove nuisance wildlife Scott. If not, be careful what you do. I've taken the test and there was no info on Grouse as a nuisance. I,m sure they fall into the "Do not touch" part of the laws because they are not listed. It's a gray area. The property owner can take it out if it's causing personal property damage or about to cause personal property. Call the local PGC office and ask them how it works for a Grouse. Just about anything else in the wild I know what to do with, and when, to stay legal and not loose my license. Grouse, ? You should get the info on getting the books and taking the test to become licensed. You can even make money doing it.
President PPHA

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Trapping problem animals
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 10:19:36 PM »
The test is not easy. 80percent failure rate. I read it in the book.