Author Topic: problem with fx5  (Read 3784 times)

Offline Rosko

• Junior Forum Member
problem with fx5
« on: January 16, 2010, 10:42:01 PM »
I lost the sound discription on the tx200 foxpro moniter. The numbers are there and when you sellect a sound it comes out on the fx5 but no discription on the screen. I tried to reload them from the caller but nothing. anyone have any ideas, I would sure appricate it.

uncle buck

Re: problem with fx5
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 11:18:48 PM »
Monday call Foxpro... Ask for Joe.
Um you would think? Running the remote overlay program provided would overlay the screen with all the sounds that are on the caller????

Offline Rosko

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 09:17:09 AM »
thanks UB thats what I was going to do but thanks again for the name.

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 11:44:48 AM »
Monday is a holiday. They might be closed. Try reloading it through the computer to the unit itself then reload it to the remote. I sometimes have to do this when it's been a while since I had to add sounds. You are pushing the down arrow button when you turn the dial on till it starts going through the numbers?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 11:47:36 AM by predator77 »
FayetteNam

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 01:51:10 PM »
Monday call Foxpro... Ask for Joe.
Um you would think? Running the remote overlay program provided would overlay the screen with all the sounds that are on the caller????

I called FoxPro every day last week to order a Spitfire.  I left 2-3 messages a day.  No one has called back.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline Rosko

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 04:07:07 PM »
predater77 I did reload my sounds and held the down button till it started now I have all the numbers but nothing to tell me what sound that number is.

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 05:08:59 PM »
 I would say send it back if reloading it doesn't work. I only ver had to send mine back once because the computer would recognize it and Foxpro was super fast with returning it. Another thing you might want to practice is something someone on here told me. Instead of just pulling the usb wire from the tower go into my computer and safely eject it. Sometimes just ripping it out will have a negative effect on your electronics.
FayetteNam

Offline Rosko

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 02:47:20 PM »
Well I did talk to custumer service at foxpro today and they think something is wrong with the down button on the call. So I am going to ship it back tomorrow. Good thing I stiill have the old back up tape player. I still use it now and then just for something different.

uncle buck

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 12:00:21 AM »
Other problems with the FX5 that you might run into but this is how to fix it.

Never use less the mAh 2400 rechargeable batteries in the FX5.

Also use the regular Foxpro Battery Charger that you have to plug into a electrical outlet..  The Quick charge FP charger that you can use in a car lighter with the attachment that can also charge in an electrical outlet just does not charge the batteries like the regular FP charger you plug into an outlet... Also Some of the charger that come with Rechargeable batteries that you plug into an outlet are also excellent for recharging AA batteries for the FX5.

Hang the FX5 in a bush or tree, place it on a bale of hay,  hang it off the ground...It works better..

If the antenna gets pinched behind a branch the remote will not work well.. Make sure it standing up and not covered while hanging in a bush or leaves.. 

When I first paid the bucks for my FX5 I even said to myself? What did I go and buy this for..However stumbling on things I mentioned above corrected many of the problems I was having with my unit...It is a good quality caller...

I know you were having a true tech problem... However I figure I pass on things to others that might be having a set back that is really not a set back with their FX5.

Offline Rosko

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 05:22:45 PM »
Thanks Uncle Buck I have had my FX5 for 3 years now and never any problems till now. no big deal foxpro stands behind there calls. This is my second foxpro and they are good quality made in the USA calls. I mis not having it nice to be able to change sounds with a push of a button, but it is getting some new markII sounds in it while its there.Need to change things up around here alittle to maney same old sounds being played around here.

Offline Rosko

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 08:28:06 PM »
Well Foxpor called they are shipping the FX5 back today with the new markII sounds in it. They are great peaple to deal with. They said it would be 5-7 working days till it got fixed and shipped back it has only been 3 working days and they loaded all the new sounds in it for $26.70. I can't beleave that they did that I expected to pay alot more then that for the new sounds. It's coming back just in time for the District-vs-District hunt I think it's going to be a good weekend.
FoxPro great call and great peaple