Author Topic: Sportsmens advisory Committee Qtrly meetings state senator Sen Rob Teplitz  (Read 2645 times)

uncle buck

On the 23 of February my brother and I attended the qtrly meeting of subject committee at Little Buffalo state park..

Some of the topics that were discussed were:

Use of Seimiautomatic rifles and pistols for hunting
feelings on how many bullets that should be involved in clip.
Timbering on PGL
Farmers being allowed to hunt on their own land and you can't!
Poaching
Fracking
Use of Electronic game calls for big game hunting. Also was discussed was for turkey too..

I just want t o show you some of the things that were discussed at this meeting.. How do you like that last one I put on here?  Electroncis for deer hunting???

The next meeting will be in May at the PGC building on Elmerton Ave.  the date has not been assigned yet but it's usually all at 7:00 PM.

In addition to the a state senator the following people were there:

3  Wildlife Conservation officers

office in the Federation of Sportsmen Club.. Oh by the way this same man stopped you from having lights for a long time and it took years before it was finally approved.

Farmers

Park Rangers

PGC Regional Directors

Plus you will be able to get stuff:;   Like I got some targets for the range.. A complete book of fish and game laws,  a book to record all of my gun info should I need to get the serial numbers etc for all kinds of various reasons (robbery etc) 

Maps of all kinds of things

I will try to post the date in may for the next meeting..

by the way it last about  90 min. We actually get to talk predator hunting before hand and after with all kinds of people...

your POC on this to get on the mailing list  is::Meagan Thorpe 717-582-2454..  PS by the way.. she hunts predator too!!!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 02:22:30 PM by uncle buck »

uncle buck

what do you feel about using electronics for deer hunting? 

there is so many pro and con on this?

You will have every tom, dick, and harry using electronics in the deer woods from the start of archery until after flintlock season.. That could impact predator hunting.

As we all know electronics will call in deer so that might be neat!  like I said Pro and Con on using electronics for deer hunting. I know  that the PGC is against using them for turkey.. Found that out at the meeting.

Also Ron Weiner the Regional PGC director was at this meeting.. The man likes to hunt predators.. See you need to touch base with some of these important people tht can help predator hunting.. You want to allow us to hunt coon on Sunday? All it takes is a few words to make them think about it at these meeting..