Author Topic: Tornadoes  (Read 2425 times)

uncle buck

Tornadoes
« on: May 25, 2011, 12:39:51 AM »
Sure is a bad year for killer tornadoes... Weeks back it was the South East. Alabama, Georgia, Florida..Yesterday and today it's Missouri, Texas and Oklahoma...Even here in Pa we had one or two hit but not like down South..  Three years ago...2008 same timeframe I was in Arkansas and Missouri..Constant warning coming over the radio as you drove around. This entire 2011 has been bad weather...Heavy rains, heavy winds, flooding... My relatives in Texas and Arkansas told me it's always like this...warnings constantly about a Tornado coming down..

Video on this link showing the destruction at Joplin, Mo..
http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2011/05/24/post-tornado-search-focuses-on-big-box-stores-apartments/
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 12:51:01 AM by uncle buck »

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Tornadoes
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 05:45:53 AM »
I think the valley we live in protects us quite a bit!!
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

Re: Tornadoes
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 05:13:18 PM »
Something.....even in Pa... How Tornadoes just love Trailer Courts and Trailers????  Also...Something about the Area from Hershey East toward Campbelltown, Palmyra, Mt Gretna etc...I remember I was at light at traffic light on Chocolate Ave in Hershey.. I was head out from the road along the park and the Hershey zoo...  All of a sudden a small twister came right down in the middle of Chocolate Ave.. No one was hurt.. It didn't have enough juice.. So there are areas that have just the right everything for twister to develop. ????????