Author Topic: Light from KC  (Read 5895 times)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Light from KC
« on: July 12, 2009, 09:38:18 AM »
KC, I checked out your lights and really like them.  I think you are onto something.  The only issue for me is the price.  I know the Light Force is very expensive and it seems to me that you are comparing your product to the Light Force.  I understand that but also think that Light Force priced themselves out of the market.  You know your product better than anyone, and know what you have to charge to make it work for you.  I also know you would sell a ton of your lights if they were closer to the Night Lite price range.  A lot of guys at the Expo voiced the same concern to me.............Tim  
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 02:46:08 PM by Leglifter »
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
09 Expo
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 10:25:42 AM »
Kc, looks like an outstanding light. Waiting for red lense and rear adjustment for hat. Price is a little high. Nightlight coon lights are around $100 or so but have wires attached. A pain. Perhaps if you can cut the price a little you will sell more. The quality and demand is there.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 10:31:17 AM by foxpro51 »

Offline kc

09 Expo
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 10:57:54 AM »
guys, i want to thank you for your honest opinions on our light and concerns about the price. yes, nightlite does have lites for sale around the $100 price range, but if you are want a light that has about the same brightness from them, your going to pay over $300. as for comparing our product to lightforce, that was done because i thought must people have used them and would help them get a understanding of how bright our little light is.  if i i gave off the opinion that we are comparing our product to lightforce,i`m sorry, we are not. our light is not for everyone and we never expected it to be. we are just trying to put out the best possible product for the price we can.

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
09 Expo
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 12:00:12 PM »
Including a red lens with the unit may help as a package. The two most use lights are nightlight and lightforce. Night light head lamp for close in work and lightforce for long range work The night light head lamps are ok but i would prefer to have a brighter light on my head. I hate the wire attached to the head light. I hope your unit fills that gap. I was wondering how can your light be brighter than a night light head light when you only use 2 AA batteries and they use a large 12V battery? I am hoping your head lamp is far brighter than the nightlight unit with a red lense. Have you done a side by side comparsion? Please tell me its alot brighter. LOL
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 12:32:10 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
09 Expo
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 01:32:26 PM »
Earl I could be wrong but I think these lights run off two lithium batteries, not AA.  They did seem brighter than the nite lite products but then again there was no red lens on it.  A true night hunting test would be great to witness with our own eyes.  I personally love this light, yes I said "love".  I think it is the ticket for the eastern hunter.  I never liked those field burners anyway.  I just can't get over the price.  I might pay what they are asking if it was brighter than the Night Lite but I'm not convinced of that yet since the light is not available yet.  I would gladly pay 150 to 175 for this light though.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
09 Expo
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 01:52:12 PM »
Lookin4fur, I 100% agree. They must be brighter than the night lite head lamp models. I do like the no wire idea. I will allways use my gun mounted light force light for shooting. I just need something on my head to spot eyes farther.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 01:58:23 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Light from KC
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 04:02:16 PM »
It is a great looking little light.  It is brighter then any of my lights which are cheap.  However, as I am still new to predator hunting the price would turn me away.  I know KC has a lot invested into his product, but lowering the price would allow product to move faster.  In addition the word of mouth would help get the product out there. 
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline kc

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 06:20:54 PM »
guys, i get pm`s but this site will not let me return them. so if you have any questions please feel free to call me at 585-216-5113.

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 06:56:17 PM »
KC, You must log in first or join the club.

Offline kc

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 08:08:07 PM »
everytime i post i`m log in. still won`t let me reply to pm`s. foxpro51, if you call i`ll answer all you  ?`s the best i can.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 10:38:53 PM »
I think he needs to hit a certian number of actual posts before he can reply in a pm.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009, 11:40:08 PM »
KC you might have to log out...clear your cookies and then re-log in..sometimes clearing the cookies helps

Shawn
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline Jester

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 12:09:00 PM »
Lookn4Fur,

Our lamp actually uses a single 18650 Lithium Ion cell and not 2 Lithium AA type cells. Our cell is the same that is used in the battery pack of your typical laptop computer. There is a difference in the two technologies. The energy density (stored energy) is higher in the cell type that we use. Please don't get hung up on comparing one battery technology against the other; as example a 21 volt system versus our 3.7 volt system. The trick is in the electronics and the programming. Also, we entered the market as alternate solution for a light source. We are not interested in comparing our lamp to anyone else, just giving you an different style product with the goal of creating convenience and quality.
Please feel free to ask me any questions and I will do my best to clarify.

Regards,
Charlie

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 03:06:56 PM »
Charlie, thanks for the reply.  I'm not comparing lights or technology just repeating what I heard.  I understand your position in the market thanks to your explanation.  As stated before I think your lights have huge potential.  It's your product and you can charge whatever you like.  I'm not debating that.

If you want to just sell a couple lights to fill a gap, thats fine.  I think you could kill the competition however with a slightly lower price tag.  Remember, your technoogy won't be new forever and someone will copy it and undercut you.

I feel I represent the average predator hunter as far as demographics go and I have a good idea what a predator hunter is looking for.

Again you guys made a great light and I applaud you for that.  I wish you all the best.  Can't wait to try one..........Tim

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 03:26:42 PM »
Most predator and coon hunters will still compare your lights with the hat model from Night-Lite Company for $100.00 area. I do like the no cord idea on your model. It will be intersting to see how bright it will be with a red lens. I must say your light is better built than Nite-Light models. Looking forward to the real test. I agree with Lookin4fur if its brighter its worth more money. I believe you wanted $265.00 for your light without a red lens and hat adjustment.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 04:27:15 PM by foxpro51 »