Author Topic: When bait piles would probably work?????  (Read 2253 times)

uncle buck

When bait piles would probably work?????
« on: August 15, 2010, 09:41:56 PM »
You get a call and find out there are coyotes in a certain area. They are not only seeing them but they are also eating many a dog and many of the neighbors cat...Now I think this would be a good time to use a bait pile in the area...Probably your probably going to do a cat or dog or a master of a cat or dog a favor so this is when you should say..."Now is the time to kill a coyote using bait since it's eating all the dogs and cats in the neighborhood.

I heard this story that guys knew coyotes were in the area...They were there... So the chained some meat to a tree with the intentions of coming back in a couple of days to sit and hunt it...Problem was....That very night the coyotes came in and ate all the bait...
The hunters did it again...chained more meat to a tree and figure they allow the coyotes  to work it.. Same thing happened..Again that very night they came in and ate all the meat..

Blind baiting while it may cause coyotes that are passing though to visit the bait piles...If you know they are there....By all means bait but you best be there that night waiting for them.....

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: When bait piles would probably work?????
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 09:46:53 PM »
Roger that UB. I will start to bait soon. I have a perfect spot for that.
President PPHA

uncle buck

Re: When bait piles would probably work?????
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 10:10:45 PM »
You ever see this commercial coyote bait they sale...Thats got to be BS... Now what you need is for some farmer to give you a dead lamb or something.
I know a guy that sits in a lawn chair and kills coyotes on a chicken farm..He just keeps an eye on the spot the chicken farmer throws all of the dead chickens. guy cracks me up too...I saw the picture of the coyote he got too.. He covers with a blanket when the weather gets a bit cold.

See again...Coyotes get use to eating the same food.  So what do they do? return again and again and again...

Scott and I hunted the first day last year...we start calling and we called in a coyote that was feeding on a dead deer.. Now the only thing? We did not know he was down there feeding on the deer at the time.. We did not even know the deer was laying there...We could have lit up that area prior to calling and maybe one of us would have knocked him off without even having to call him in... He did come into our calling but it was over just like that.. Neat I think it was right at 12:01 AM right at the start of fox season...Of course we could have shot him earlier since it was a coyote not a fox..

So while your scouting in October...Prior too...If you find a dead deer in the woods... Might be good to come back there and see if you can knock one off...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 10:12:19 PM by uncle buck »