Author Topic: fishing on sunday  (Read 3045 times)

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
fishing on sunday
« on: February 01, 2011, 06:07:17 PM »
got out to the cabin to do some fishing this weekend, fished from 1 p.m. until about 4:30.  caught a bunch of really nice fish.   we all caught fish and invited about 25 back for dinner.  Here is a pic of Forrest with a couple. 

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: fishing on sunday
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 06:22:03 PM »
Nice, looks like some good eating.

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 06:39:32 PM »
Nice..The smile tell the entire story of what happen out there...  Good fish chowder recipe is all you need to finish the deal...That's what I would do If I had a mess of winter crappie and or perch.

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 06:42:12 PM »
we tried the fish cowder once and they didn't like it, maybe i didn't have a good recipe but the mother in law took half and the other half will be eaten this week.   they like to coat them with southern fried catfish seasoning and fry them in oil. 

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 07:37:48 AM »
good catch.  the slick 375 treatment should do.  bread and pan fried.  ;D there is a small ore hole close by I want to try that has crappie and big gills in.  but kinda leary about going onto it alone.  there was 12" of ice nearby on one lake and only 7" on the ore hole. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”