Author Topic: Smallies  (Read 2948 times)

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
Smallies
« on: April 03, 2011, 04:59:50 PM »
Caught 5 in my boat and about 10 more fish in the other two boats that I was fishing with this morning/afternoon...bout 10 boats out on the water around Steelton, PA...weather was pretty windy but we managed to stay warm and catch a few nice fish, i'll try and get pics up here soon...we didn't catch one fish under 16 inches, sure does feel good to be out on the boat and get a few bronzebacks in the boat...
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Smallies
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 11:22:44 AM »
what was you using for bait?  the rivers heading up here on wed not sure if I will be making it down to fish or not this weekend. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 06:05:41 AM »
largest shiners  you can buy and tubes
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline predator1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 08:53:49 AM »
My brother fishes for smallmouth in the spring and they usually catch some dandies.He keeps a couple now and then when in season and smokes the fillets and they are excellent.anpetu waste-lloyd