Author Topic: Offical D2 Susquehanna Catfish Fishing Tourny...  (Read 3554 times)

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
Offical D2 Susquehanna Catfish Fishing Tourny...
« on: July 22, 2009, 11:35:32 PM »
Tony and I were talking tonight, and it seems we have an open weekends of August 15th or the 29th for a catfish tourny on the susquehanna river. We have a few places that have pavillions and boat launches that will suit our needs. We figure we could have people start to show up around noon that day at a designated boat launch with pavillion, have a hotdog and hamburger lunch, explain the rules and kick off the tourny around 3-4pm until 12 midnight. Any species of catfish are legal, and full picture with measuring tape is needed for fish entry(unless you keep'm), then just bring them back to the pavillion by a designated time. The times for the tourny can be changed to suit peoples needs, I can do this all night so it really doesn't matter to me. If this sounds good to any of you guys out there and you want to come give the post, Tony(Waterfowler1183), or myself some input. As new district cordinators, this would be our first event for D2, and for any other people from any district may come down, the more the better! Bring friends and family along, it will be fun for all. This is kind of the whole reason Tony and myself wanted to give this a try, get some more things happening in D2, and get to know the guys of the area a little better, so come on out, fish or no fish we'll have a good time.
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline waterfowler1183

• Junior Forum Member
Re: Offical D2 Susquehanna Catfish Fishing Tourny...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 11:45:49 PM »
there is nothing like a picnic and a little friendly competition.  By the way I will be no competition as I am by far a hunter before a fisherman.  But if anyone has any fishing skills and needs a boat to ride in mine will be available and maybe I can learn something.  Like DJ said post whichever day works best for you guys and we will put it together, regardless of the fishing it will be fun GUARANTEED

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 01:08:16 AM »
I think we are going to go with august 15th for the contest, does anyone have any problems with that?
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline waterfowler1183

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 09:31:50 PM »
Not yet and hopefully I can keep that date clear on the calendar

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 01:48:40 AM »
This event is coming up soon, has anyone have any plans of attending?
              "CritterDone"

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 06:30:33 AM »
sorry gents, took me awhile to remember what i had goin on that weekend till this morning. i'll be up in Sullivan Co that weekend with my son at our cabin. i'm not very happy about missing this.

be sure to take lots of pics and have a great time. lookin forward to reading about it.

~Woody
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 12:07:53 AM »
At this point we don't have any confirmed members that want to join in on this even for district 2, and for that I don't think we will be holding the event this saturday as planned. I figured this might happen due to it kind of being brought up late, the location, and the possibility that a lot of the members may not have a fishing liscens, and 20 bucks for a liscens is probably too much to spend if they're only going to use it once. It is under our responsibility (Myself and Tony), to make some events offered to our district, and we will have events, that are scheduled well ahead of time and after talking to other cordinators to make sure our plans doesn't clash with their plans. We will be trying to get something together for you guys as soon as the season comes around, that I promise, and hopefully with enough time for people to make plans.
              "CritterDone"

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 06:19:42 AM »
 ;)

lookin forward to the next event. sorry this one didn't pan out for everyone.

keep up the good work gents. ;D
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock