Author Topic: PPHA Camping/ATV Weekend  (Read 3275 times)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
PPHA Camping/ATV Weekend
« on: April 21, 2010, 04:15:55 PM »
I want to put a feeler out for this event.  It will be a district 4 sponsored event but any PPHA Member and family can come.  I have two boys and I'm sure they wouldn't mind some friends to play with. 

I will have more details soon but it will be a relaxing and fun weekend.  The possible dates are May 28-29-30-31 (Memorial day Weekend), June 25-26-27 or July 9-10-11.  I would like to get a quick count if you think you would like to attend and what weekend would be the best for you.  Obviously we can't please everyone.  I'm 98% sure this will be held at the Potter County family Campground.  http://www.pottercountycamping.com/atv_camping.html

For those who have four wheelers or ATV's we can ride from our tents to the State trails.  I'm looking for those who don't want to ride to bring some games that we can all play.  I planned on getting a group primitive site but there are cabins and trailer lots available if anybody wants to get one of those.  We can sit around at night and tell predator hunting stories. ;D  So who's up for it?
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: PPHA Camping/ATV Weekend
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 05:16:07 PM »
Tim any way we can get a ATV saftey course going for that weekend? 

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 08:14:23 PM »
Scott...let me see how my schedule is...if I am off that weekend...I will come up and do a course for PPHA members children for free.
Bear with me till I find out my schedule though...I have to find out if I am on any types of assignments that weekend
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 08:14:41 PM by Lifes2fun »
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 08:17:02 PM »
Well how about that.  For free too.  Thanks Shawn, hope we can make it work.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 08:27:36 PM »
Shawn,

I know you are busy, that is why i haven't asked.  there are two guys in my area that run it but they don't return calls, so i have to take him either to Monroe County or somewhere out near where Tim is talking, if you are going to run one that would be great.  Both Jackie and Forrest would like to take the course. 

Scott

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 08:41:25 PM »
I can make the june dates.  but I think that falls on the pta rondy.  the other dates I actually have used up for riding already at other locations. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 10:18:19 PM »
june might be the best for me...but if thats the pta rondy i'll be going to that...and july...those dates i may be at the beach...memorial day weekend is a wedding...can we take dirtbikes, or is these trails for registered ATV's only?
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 08:32:33 AM »
I'm not completely sure about that.  I'll look into it.

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 05:23:50 PM »
Motorcycles are not permitted on these state trails, its atv only, and they must have valid registration and liability insurance as required by law
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 09:49:02 PM »
man...what they got against us 2 wheeled fellows...
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 09:38:44 AM »
Its a state trail and you need insurance and registration to ride.  Dirt bikes do not need to be registered or insured.  So no two wheeled rides
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 05:30:14 PM »
Critterslayer, put some "training wheels" on that dirt bike and turn it into a four wheeler. The state won't know the difference. LOL.
President PPHA