Author Topic: Need aGood Gear Bag  (Read 2880 times)

Offline Predator53

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
Need aGood Gear Bag
« on: November 23, 2013, 07:32:18 PM »
 I need a gear bag for my predator gizmos...ive been useing my bowhunting bag and its to heavy to walk around makes sets with....i want it for binos ..range finder and gloves&hand net etc......Thinking about just getting a waist pack....Russ
Wicked scanpro Lights ICOTEC Gc500
 Montgromery county,Pa 5C&5D
 District 2 PPHA/NRA Member

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
Re: Need aGood Gear Bag
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 08:10:42 PM »
Heavy Duty red and black Craftsman Gear Tool canvas/leather Bag.
« on: October 16, 2013, 10:06:54 PM »
They are under $7.00.  It's a heavy duty tool bag! great for carrying ammo. That's what I'm gong to use the two I got so far... Of course you can put in other predator or trapping gear in it...Electronics, tapes, CD's, FOXPRO Call... ETC ETC Source is Sears or K-Mart.. Wen you see this quality bag in the tool area you will know what I mean...Check it out!!!   Me I keep my gear in tool bags and or tool boxes... When it's time to hunt I just grab the one for the type of hunting i' m going to do and go...Makes a great gift for a hunter or fisherperson in your life too..
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 08:26:48 PM »
Another good source for all sizes of predator calling bags is Wal-Mart.
Non of that $49.99 stuff. Some of the small bags cost $3.98!  Camo yet!
I have many with a shoulder strap that carry mouth calls, ammo, mini  toilet paper roll, clips, rubber gloves, plastic garbage bag! Hand gun ammo. Etc!
They are not only good for calling but all kinds of things. Shrooming, archery, black powder, deer hunting!
A predator hunter can't have enough of bags!
Check Army and navy stores too for larger  military  bags but never pay over $20.00 for them!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 08:49:35 PM by uncle buck »

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 08:19:25 AM »
I'd drop the rangefinder and binos. Stuff your head net and gloves in your pockets and go.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 02:18:18 PM »
I wear a turkey vest and it holds everything I need... ;)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 07:08:25 AM »
I use a turkey best also, It holds everything I need and room for more and don't have to worry about setting it down and forgetting it.
district #1

Offline shadowchaser

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 10:45:06 AM »
I got a fox pro knock off from WalMart a few years ago.  Saved me money, but now I find it collects to much stuff.  I prefer to use my pockets to keep stuff at a minimum.  I throw my bag in the back seat just in  case.
U.S. Army 99-06
Combat Infantryman
District 1

Offline scottm2012

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 06:40:36 PM »
I use an old Camelbak small back pack.  It has two pockets, which I load my first aid kit, hand calls with lanyard, head scanning light, the upper pocket has my e-caller with remote.  Where the camelbak bladder use to be I have an facemask (for those cold windy nights) and more gloves.
Scott Morgan
District 3
TC Venture 308, Savage 340C 222, Dan Thompson and Bees O'Brien Calls 

"I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America."

Joshua Boston