Author Topic: You Trappers are on Notice here!!!!!!  (Read 5148 times)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
You Trappers are on Notice here!!!!!!
« on: August 23, 2013, 05:48:04 AM »
I have acquired "6" traps and some expert advice from a secret ppha source  ;) .... ;D......I am determined to catch a coyote (HAHAHA)...I have not set a trap since the 60's..OMG.. :(.....I still have some trapper mentality though..I was out in garage, base plating these cheap traps and was banging around looking for stuff to make my own tool similar to a groundhog. Wife came out.."What's all the banging and noise?" I'm building a trapping tool and basket..."she says"What do they cost?" I tell her..she says  " YOU are a certified NUT job!" Some women just never get it.... ;D...it's the Challenge.. 8)

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: You Trappers are on Notice here!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 08:10:22 AM »
I think a lot of trappers look over catalogs and rendezvous product tables, not to buy a product, but to see how it was made and improve upon it when they make it themselves

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 08:24:55 PM »
Jaspr1....guess you will be the one to build a better mouse trap and retire a second time!!! LOL  :o I'm guess'n you modified a 5 gal bucket for your basket?? ::) then took a 12 Lb sledge and weilded a piece of flat bar on top?? :P

Couldn't resist....LOL
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 05:49:33 AM »
  :o  Well "Goose" as usual you would be WRONG.. ;D ;D...I am using a frame from an old ALICE PACK and a 9"x12"x15" high, square cat litter bucket....with plastic worm container to hold lures and bait...big enough.. for a "6" trap trapper, ::) ::) making the deluxe model  ;) ....Sledge?Flat bar? how crude!!! I don't have enough A%& to use anything 12lbs...lol...so  :-\ it's going to be more like a 3-5lb ball peen with a chopped off gardening tool and a piece of steel tube cut for the handle and hole digger... ???......We should have some pictures on here of stuff created in the fur shed by members..Leglifter is right,most individuals on here are of the mindset I can make something like that.."ONLY BETTER"....probably some pretty neat stuff out there... 8)....I should add to my first post, my wife's father was a Huntingdon Co. trapper. There is a picture of him with 1 nights catch of fox that is 5x as many as I ever caught  :-[ so if my 1st coyote is a short eared perry co. POSSUM coyote I am never going to hear the end of it.... :'( :'(

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 06:09:23 AM »
LOL LOL  ;D Jaspr1 you gave me a chuckle to start my day of cutting wood off right...speaking of grinners, would you believe one crawled up on my picnic table last nite and helped himself to some of my Roma tomatoes? that grinner ain't gonna last long...oh one would ask how I knew it was a grinner....by the long tapered bite marks on the ones he just bit and didn't eat......must be in my wood rack again!! Grinner season is now open at my house... 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 06:52:31 AM »
Right  under this post is a post started by Trappin John...Bridger 1.75...several comments down there is a reply by..Hern...in it he states and underlines..."BUY THE BEST YOU CAN AFFORD"...meaning even for a dumbass like me 1 proper trap set correctly is better than 50 bad one's...In my initial post here I said I aquired 6 CHEAP traps, actually they were given to me, 1.75 Dukes...I base plated,added #2 chain and triple swivled them. with all that I could have just bought the #2 or #3 Bridger or MB550's I was looking at.....but no I got them for free and it has cost me..I could have been 1 and done which was my goal....I had one from the looks of the circle he made but he pulled out somehow, not to much torn up but enough.. so I did have him for a little...The blame is on me not the trap, maybe pan tension,maybe something (twig,stone) somehow got in jaws, but I think if I had been using a #2 or 3 I'd be smiling in a photo right now....I am not posting this for you real trappers, you probably guessed this would happen after reading the initial post. I would hope that if there is a novice out there he might not make an ass out of himself like me and my error will help them....I have caught 3 raccoons and 1 dumbass cat (place is polluted with cats)let everything go except 1 coon..having her tanned....(foot didn't look good). Any way that's where we stand, with a red face..I have heard these coyotes twice in the early hours and I think there are 3-4 of them so I still have some slim hope... :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[...OH and you can't shoot here, to developed,but they were willing to let me set a few traps if I didn't catch to many cats..Lady said to me they are scary sounding at midnight and crapping right out from the front door...lol

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 01:29:08 PM »
http://imageshack.us/a/img38/1561/bn1.JPG  Hey Goose.....now look ::) what I done did ;D ;D ;D.....put 2 traps out yesterday at 2 and Mr Bad Attitude was there this morning... :o :o...these Grinners are getting bigger and fiercer  ;) ;) but he was in no position to dictate terms.... 8)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 01:34:59 PM by jaspr1 »

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 01:37:19 PM »
Congrats on your yote!
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 01:49:45 PM »
 ;) Way to go Paul, you be a coyote catchin fool for sure now!! :o You have been bitten by the bug for sure!! ::) After this morning I believe my quest will be for a beaver if he stays in my area ???
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 05:05:00 AM »
http://imageshack.us/scaled/medium/32/hejc.JPG
http://imageshack.us/scaled/medium/19/m3gu.jpg  I don't know why I am to stupid, suddenly, to get pic's, right but here are two better ones....1st photo..Goose...gray dead thing on ground is a coyote, gray thing holding him by the ears is me... ;D....2nd pic  had him pretty good.....didn't have time for head to swell up because my father appeared in the forest and said to me..."Even a blind hog finds an acorn,once in awhile".. ;D ;D ;D damn guy used to take the wind out of your sails before you could even get going...lol..got to go play the lotto now.... 8)

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 07:01:17 AM »
Nice.
Great pictures.

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 09:03:51 AM »

« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 09:04:30 AM by Leglifter »

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2013, 09:04:47 AM »
Nice job!!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2013, 09:51:23 AM »
 ;) Paul you keep going and I'll hafta take fishing lessons this spring...LOL-LOL....you know, I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets advice after the fact ??? Every now and then you feel like someone put a hand on your shoulder.... 8) That's a great coyote...but I thing you should work on your appearance.... ;D ;D ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2013, 12:56:09 PM »
Thanks Hern  :) Leglifter thanks for the edit and helping the old guy out... ;D Now Goose  >:( I was going to come down and help you catch that beaver  ::) I was going to put you in the stream with my big landing net ??? and then I was going upstream and drive him to you...sorta like a deer drive, but in the water with a beaver.. ::) but after that nasty comment  :o you can do it your own self..... :P :P :P :P.... 8)