Author Topic: Why aren't there any "member vs member" hunts this year  (Read 2013 times)

Offline foxfx

• Junior Forum Member
Why aren't there any "member vs member" hunts this year
« on: October 19, 2011, 11:10:15 AM »
I was looking at the upcoming events are to see if there were any predator hunts in the D2 area.  I joined PPHA earlier this year in hopes of participating in a members-vs-member hunt.  I learned of the hunt through another PPHA member.  Are there going to be any member-vs-member hunts this year? Perhaps I'm not looking at the right place.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Why aren't there any "member vs member" hunts this year
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 11:42:34 AM »
No member vs member hunts this year but plenty of other hunts for you to participate in.  Unfortunately your district 2 officer had to step down because he got another job requiring him to move (good for him) bad for us.  We are in need of a D2 coordinator if you or anyone is interested.  Just contact me to discuss.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 12:12:14 PM »
That is disappointing to hear. That was a great crowning for someone to end the season. What the reason Tim? Lack of prizes/funds/check ins?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 12:12:43 PM by predator77 »
FayetteNam

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 01:27:46 PM »
I did have a hunt scheduled in December which was every hunter for themselves in a wildcard weekend where the points would be drawn the night before to let you know if a fox was going to be worth 1 point or 20 points for instance. I don't know if the guys are going to go through with it or not, I kind of hope they do, i've got a backyard full of coyotes...
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 11:05:56 AM »
Not that I need an excuse to go out but hunts have always forced me to stay out a little longer for the added bonus of competitiveness. You guys have a solid lineup of officers and hunts this year.
FayetteNam

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 08:38:51 AM »
None of the above mentioned reasons.  This was not a popular hunt and there was poor turnout.  We always seemed to have issues with the hunt as it pits members against other members and thats not what we want to portray.  It was voted down by majority vote of the officers.

Nothing wrong with a little competition mind you, just did not need the controversy. 
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!