Author Topic: spiders bite!  (Read 3219 times)

Offline Doghound

• Junior Forum Member
spiders bite!
« on: March 29, 2011, 07:51:25 PM »
i just got released from the hospital. was bit by some type of spider thats the price u pay for living in the woods. just last year my wife was bitten also boy they can make u aweful sick when the poison gets into ur blood stream. im glad to be home. so i can continue to read the stories and knowledge that uncle buck shares in this forum. i sure did miss it . just remember SPIDERS BITE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

uncle buck

Re: spiders bite!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 09:52:12 PM »
Doghound glad your back home and hope you recover ASAP.. Biologist believe the only the Black Widow is in Pa.. That the Brown Recluse spider is not within our borders...Suppose to be in Ohio but not in Pa... Know a women that I use to work with.. Got bit by a spider sitting on wooden bleachers at a football game.. She neared died!!!
My wife had to go to the doc already for spider bites too...

Doghound what symptoms did you have? Would be nice to know just in case someone else gets bit.  Could be like bee venom some people are allergic to the spider venom.. I know my wife has a reaction to it. My mother-in-law was allergic to bee venom so maybe that's why my wife is allergic to spider venom?????????????????

Doghound hope your back on your  feet asap...

Offline Doghound

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 09:04:15 AM »
it started out early in the morning as a round rash about the size of a half dollar and was very itchy. about two hrs later the rash was spreading very fast. i was drywalling at my brothers house and i got very sick in my stomach and was sweating profusively. i looked at my back and it had covered the left side of my back completely and very fast ! i was feeling very weak in my joints, sweating,very hot on my back,then it started to get very painful. i immediately went home got my wife and went to hospital. i was immediately put on antibiotics introveniously along with morphine for pain. i was hospitalized for 4 days.i almost forgot to mention a very bad head ache also! i still have the headache and nothing seems to help it! very bad migraine type. sensitive to light and still feel weak. i cant wait to start feeling better, so i can get back out in the woods!   .....randy

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 09:29:03 PM »
Hope you get soon.

As to brown recluse they are in the state. A friend a few years ago bit by in the bucks Montgomery county area. He was smart enoungh to kill it before going to the hospital. Antomologist confirmed it as a brown recluse.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline Doghound

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 08:27:20 AM »
i wish that i would of felt watever bit me. i would of taken it to the hospital. i have alot of wolf spiders where i live. i have killed quite a few in the past couple years. i m not sure if it was a wolf spider or wat it was. i am just glad i got to the hospital when i did. i feel back to normal now.... thank god! thanks for the input.....randy

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 10:28:58 AM »
a buddy got bit by a brown recluse in his back yard in boiling springs.  it took him a year till he was back in shape again.  it nailed him in the ankle.  he almost lost his foot. 

good to see ya got it treated.  I have only been bit by a wolf spider.  and man do those things hurt. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 06:07:56 AM »
ya brown recluse is here, buddy of mine off work for about a month almost lost his leg from the ankle down
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"