Author Topic: OFFICIAL D2 - PREDATOR HUNT AND GET TOGETHER THREAD  (Read 19526 times)

Offline Matt-Stunt

Re: OFFICIAL D2 - PREDATOR HUNT AND GET TOGETHER THREAD
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 06:59:10 PM »
Good to hear! This should keep the contest exciting by giving everyone a chance to hunt nice weather. Looking forward to putting some time into this.

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 08:28:34 PM »
And the get together at Cabela's........................
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 10:30:42 PM »
Dreamcatcher
He called me to confirm I would be there on this Saturday the 29th at 2pm. So I will be there.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2012, 11:20:47 AM »
CABELAS EVENT IS ON FOR TODAY.  SEE EVERYONE THERE AT 2 PM.  RUFFED GROUSE MEETING ROOM.  DRIVE SAFE....ROAD ALL BLACKTOP HERE IN LEHIGH COUNTY RIGHT NOW.

MIKE

Offline foxfx

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2012, 11:24:13 AM »

Was out a couple hours last night by myself.  Hunting was a bit tough.  I believe the Lancaster County trappers killed em all.   I had a good time.   I shot this one at 2am at 160 yds with 22 hornet.  Came in at about 10 minutes after I started calling.  I called him in on critt'r call peewee.  I am now preparing to go to the Cabelas D2 meet. 

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2012, 12:07:54 PM »
Congratulations and thanks for posting the picture and info. 

Musky and I were out from 6-4:40 and couldn't get one to come in last night.  Saw a dozen eyes but they just had no interest.  You done good!

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2012, 11:09:06 PM »
WINTER GATHERING A SUCCESS -- DESPITE THE SNOW --- PREDATOR HUNTERS ARE TOUGH!

A huge thank you to our gifted speakers today, John Dancey and Ernie Wilson.  They are true professionals and ambassadors to predator hunting!  It is guys like Ernie and John that make the PPHA such a special group for predator hunters.  As we saw in Ernie and John today, we have the most knowledgeable and best predator hunters in PA.  Nowhere else can someone seeking knowledge and willing to listen find more correct insightful information than within the PPHA.

(As you saw today, John is the light guru.  Check out his awesome web-site which is a great resource to predator hunters.)  www.huntatnight.com

(Ernie Wilsonis a master innovator.  His tripod system is amazing...not the cheap $100 models that are not sturdy and break.  Ernie delivered mine to me tonight after the event...I'm pumped...look out fox!  If anyone wants to try it you are welcome.  I was a huge skeptic until I tried one.  Now I own one.  Many of the great predator hunters in Pennsylvania who quietly do their thing use his tripod to stack up the fur.  Check out his awesome Carnivor shooting light and custom calls as well.) http://ewcalls.com/ 

I am trying to do my small part to give back for all I have received from the PPHA.  Our current leaders have given so much for so long...let's step up and give them the break they deserve.  I encourage each of you to consider getting involved...it is a great experience!  If you are interested in becoming the D2 coordinator next year, I would be honored to help you in any way I can.  PPHA needs new faces and energy every year...will you step forward and get more involved in our organization? 

Good Hunting,

Mike

PS  Look for an article on the get together in an upcoming issue of our PPHA Howler Newsletter!

PPS  Comon Abolt and others...start posting those D2 Predator Hunt pictures we know you have :-)

+++ Photos to follow +++
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 11:34:19 PM by Seeking_Coyotes »

Offline shortmagger

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2012, 11:44:43 PM »
Thank you for putting on a good event and hunt, seeking,I was planning to go to the get together at Cabelas and was looking forward to it as I was also hunting in the D-2 district over the weekend with Abolt but the weather made me change my mind Saturday morning then, I tried to high tail it for home before the roads were bad,I failed  but made it home safely.I wish I could've been there to meet some of the other members and such but maybe another time,thanks again on a job well done for organizing the hunt and get together

Offline BedfordQDM

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2012, 11:51:28 PM »
I was planning to go to Cabelas as well, but considering the distance of the trip, and road conditions, we decided not to go. I'm kinda bummed about it...

On the bright side, I did get to hunt a new area today, and in the snow!
PPHA District 4 - York Co./Bedford Co.

Offline a bolt

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2012, 06:22:38 PM »

Pix of Friday night's hunt. I had the opportunity to hunt with Nate aka shortmagger. Friday night started out slow, we killed two by midnight and had seen and heard a few others. Then around 12:30, we got full cloud cover, and stuff started moving.

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2012, 06:44:02 PM »
Abolt
Hey, that little girl is doing really good. Maybe next time she will let you shoot. :-)

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2012, 01:09:31 AM »
Sorry I wasn't able to make it to cabelas but had to take care of personal business
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2012, 05:51:38 AM »
Dave
Wish you could have made it. But I know what you been through.
It was fun and some good info was given out. It was great to have a bunch of guys together just talking predator hunting. I ready for another get together already.

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2012, 07:52:51 PM »
If there is enough interest (12 guys) I will do my best to have another event in March.  If you would come please let me know.  Could probably get the pgc biologist to talk about PA predators.  It was great just being together.

Keep those hunt contest photos coming guys. 

Mike

« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 08:37:44 PM by Seeking_Coyotes »

Offline foxfx

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2013, 12:21:04 PM »

I went out after attending a new years party and I shot this one at 2:30 am this morning.   The range was 110 yards and the call was critt'r call peewee.