Author Topic: D6 Predator Hunt  (Read 5848 times)

Offline Grass Stain

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
Re: D6 Predator Hunt
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 07:50:47 AM »
Has anyone gotten anything yet????? ??? ???
"Live Life for what tomorrow has to offer,Not for what yesterday has taken away!"

D.Sapko
District 6

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 08:04:47 AM »
I don't think yet! I haven't had a chance to get out but I'm going to hit it hard this week. I just picked up 5 new farms to hunt.
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 02:15:59 PM »
It's been tough for me. After all that rain, the coons haven't seemed to be out since. I seen one fox that i know of and missed an opportunity on a yote lastnight. I was fox/coon hunting with my 22mag and had some dogs start screaming at my fox bark. I played around with the idea of shooting them with the caliber I had if they came in close but decided to leave and switch guns for the night. As I was leaving the started again at the 9 o'clock fire whistle and I hear that there was two of them a couple hundred yards apart. The one was so close that I could hear it whimpering but I wasn't in a good place to shoot and didn't have the right caliber. I switched firearm and went back out hoping they would still be there and there was nothing. I played around in the area for a while hoping to call something that might be passing by in but I say nothing. I decided to leave the same way I left earlier and low and behold there was a huge fresh pile of coyote scat about 35 yards from where I was calling from earlier. believe me, I will own a firearm that will be suitable for everything next season.
FayetteNam

Offline Gismo

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 08:00:38 PM »