Author Topic: House Bill 1534 Coyote Control Incentive Program  (Read 3314 times)

Offline scottm2012

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
House Bill 1534 Coyote Control Incentive Program
« on: November 15, 2013, 08:35:11 PM »
I'm surprised no one is talking about this here.

The bill passed committee and is on its way to the floor.

Agree or disagree?

The commission may create a coyote control incentive program
to compensate properly licensed hunters and furtakers $25 for
each coyote lawfully harvested.

I for one disagree, we could spend that $700, 000 dollars elsewhere.  I wrote my rep, who is also head of the Game and Fisheries committee and voted "Yea" to move the vote to the floor, to vote "Nay" for this bill on the floor.
Scott Morgan
District 3
TC Venture 308, Savage 340C 222, Dan Thompson and Bees O'Brien Calls 

"I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America."

Joshua Boston

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: House Bill 1534 Coyote Control Incentive Program
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 05:12:32 AM »
I agree with you..this is a real bad idea that has no place in the year 2013 and beyond....It won't promote predator hunting, every a$$ with a firearm will be shooting at what they think might be money...several nights ago we had a local news item where someone shot a dog with an arrow...SERIOUSLY, WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THIS? You can bet there not to fond of hunters at that property and the general public gets a negative message, add money to this equation..equals bad idea...I was a boy when we had the fox and great horned owl bounties...didn't work then won't work now...JMO... 8)

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 09:04:15 AM »
BAD IDEA....Every Tom. Dick and Harry will be out there thinking they can get rich by hunting Coyotes, not realizing it isn't that easy.,  Therefore, messing things up for everyone.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 09:25:00 AM »
This is just another attempt by our legislators to grab money when they can. If I'm not mistaken the bill doesn't say what happens to the money that doesn't get paid out, which means they will grab it in my opinion.
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association

Offline scottm2012

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 05:56:00 PM »
This is just another attempt by our legislators to grab money when they can. If I'm not mistaken the bill doesn't say what happens to the money that doesn't get paid out, which means they will grab it in my opinion.

Never thought of that but I know they are pulling the monies from the Game Fund.
Scott Morgan
District 3
TC Venture 308, Savage 340C 222, Dan Thompson and Bees O'Brien Calls 

"I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America."

Joshua Boston