Author Topic: State Wide Hunt  (Read 7882 times)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: State Wide Hunt
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 04:44:26 PM »
I hear ya UB.  Will I be running into you this weekend?
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

uncle buck

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 05:32:36 PM »
Probably not...I might decide to head out of county this evening. But then hit a few places in county later on into the night..

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2011, 02:01:36 AM »
good luck!!
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2011, 10:25:32 PM »
Was anything checked in?I had one to check in but spent all day in bed from an illness.

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2011, 09:47:24 AM »
Was anything checked in?I had one to check in but spent all day in bed from an illness.
Hope you feel better soon!
FayetteNam

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 11:15:21 AM »
Was just wondering how everyone made out and what was checked in. I couldn't get out, and was down with cold\sore throat. Going out tonight though...

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011, 07:08:19 PM »
Thanks,I don't know how many cold virus there is but I think I've had most of them this winter.
  The conditions were actually pretty good this weekend.The snow wasn't really deep enough to cause any problems and the wind was very light.It was nice to get out in the snow and see what is running about.Although lots of tracks is no guarantee that your going to call anything in.I quess my calling still needs some work.The one I did harvest came in at a location that I saw no fox tracks walking in and he responded by coming in downwind of coarse.He was really moving till about 50 yards when he scented me and instantly started to vacate.I've learned to stay on them as they make a retreat.At 75 yards I give a blast on the call and he stops and looks back,end of story.     

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 08:16:32 PM »
District two was the winner with one fox turned in.  We would have tied if Foxtrot wasn't sick.  Oh well Congrats D2.  The plaque is yours for the year.

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 10:07:35 PM »
Who was the lucky hunter?

Offline a bolt

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011, 10:51:32 PM »
I guess i was. I didn't think one would be worth checkin,it was tough conditions. we had about 13 inchs of that white stuff.

Offline dibo (Bob)

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 07:57:19 PM »
Hi guys I just joined PPHA this past weekend and have been reading the post on state wide hunt and have a question? I do not see anything posted about D3  :( what seems to be the problem? Bob
Live everyday as its your last...

Bob Huston
District 3 Co-Coordinator

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 08:44:23 PM »
Congratulations a bolt.Its a hard time of the year for call ins.Anything harvested this time of year is commendable.Did you have any other call ins?

Offline a bolt

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 10:30:50 PM »
I seen four the one i couldn't shoot because of a buildings. Then on Friday night the first one i seen a cop had to check me out 30 seconds after i seen it.

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2011, 09:07:47 PM »
yeah tim and I were interupted by a next door neighbor of one of my hopefully new honey holes...and when I couldn't remember the landowners name, phone calls were being made...not a good start to the night... I was on land I had permission, I guess no one told this lady that I was allowed to be there...

tim forgot his sticks...and I had my gun fall over off its sticks onto the kitchen floor...so it was a bad night to start...and now i've got to go punch $2 holes through some paper to make sure its still on...

on top of all that...I went on a little friendly get together...and we had a all day squirrel hunt...we had 15 teams of two show up...all but I think 2 teams scored at least one kill...the most was 3 teams with 5 squirrels...afterwards we had a full course meal including some dall sheep which was amazing! but on the downside I had a not so happy lady friend, that I hunted all saturday long  ;D....she's easy though...out to dinner and she's happy again  ;)
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

uncle buck

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2011, 11:06:27 PM »
When I was hunting out of county on Friday night about 8;00 PM...I pulled in to land that only I had permission to hunt on.. All of a sudden someone in a car pulled in behind me.  I think they saw my hunting gear in the back.. They pulled out real fast and took off.  I started to think was this someone that was going to hunt there too but I got there first or was it the police and then they realized I was hunting fox so they just took off...  or was it someone that was going to rob me but when they saw I had a gun they took off real fast??????? Ah predator hunting it's not just a hunt it's an adventure...

« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 11:11:07 PM by uncle buck »