Author Topic: Hearing for sunday hunting  (Read 4083 times)

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Hearing for sunday hunting
« on: June 07, 2011, 06:06:09 PM »

Pennsylvania: Hearing on Sunday Hunting to Occur this Thursday

This Thursday, June 9, the Pennsylvania House Game and Fisheries Committee will hold a public hearing to consider ending the prohibition on Sunday hunting. This hearing will begin at 6:30 p.m. at the Seven Springs Mountain Resort, 777 Waterwheel Drive in Seven Springs.

The prohibition on Sunday hunting is an old blue law left on the books in just a handful of states. Hunters pump millions of dollars into habitat restoration and conservation and they are primarily responsible for healthy ecosystems throughout Pennsylvania. 

Many hunters cannot introduce their children or friends to hunting because Saturday is their only opportunity, and they are competing with the numerous organized sports and other activities.  Many hunters - be it young or old, novice or experienced - stop hunting because of the lack of opportunity, both in time and accessible land.  The addition of an extra day in the field increases a person’s available time to enjoy our hunting heritage.  This will invigorate essential hunter recruitment and retention efforts.

Sunday hunting will also bring a much-needed economic boost to rural areas.  Every day that hunters are in the field, they spend money on gasoline, food, lodging and the dozens of other incidentals that go along with a day’s hunt. The ripple effect of this spending can have a major impact on a rural town or county. Comprehensive research from the National Shooting Sports Foundation shows that allowing hunting on Sundays in Pennsylvania would generate a total annual economic impact estimated at $764 million and create more than 8,000 jobs. This legislation will clearly help advance and preserve the Keystone State’s rich hunting traditions, while enhancing biodiversity and wildlife populations.

Please attend this hearing and voice your support for ending the Sunday hunting prohibition in Pennsylvania. Also, please contact members of the House Game and Fisheries Committee and urge them to support expanding Sunday hunting. Contact information for this committee can be found here.

This alert is posted at: http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=6882.

NRAILA.org

Write Your Representative

Write The Media

Get Involved Locally

Register To Vote

Contribute

Follow NRA-ILA

Please do not reply to this email as you will not receive a response. This email is a broadcast email generated by an automated system. To contact NRA-ILA call 800-392-8683.
Address: 11250 Waples Mill Road | Fairfax, Virginia 22030-7400

If you wish to be removed from this list please click this link and you will be removed immediately: http://www.nramedia.org/u?id=6639357.e8b079294631578ac803c8b4f30f053a&n=T&l=nraila_alerts&o=92693
You may have to copy and paste the link in your browser.

* Please note: In their efforts to curb SPAM, many ISPs, servers and SPAM filters treat legitimate and legal bulk emails as SPAM. In order to ensure you receive NRA-ILA email alerts in a timely manner, please adjust your SPAM settings to accept bulk emails from the "nraila.org" and "nramedia.org" domains. Otherwise, there is a possibility that our email alerts will not make it to your inbox.

NRAILA.org | Current Legislation | Get Involved Locally | Register To Vote
Contribute | Edit Your Profile

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Hearing for sunday hunting
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 07:18:32 PM »
The church offerings might decline a bit..

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 07:03:37 PM »
We should have the right to hunt on Sundays.  Then it would be up to the individual whether or not to hunt.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 06:02:52 AM »
While I support Sunday hunting. ;)...With the Bible belt we live in I can see farmers saying "NO" to permissions, and just possibly not allowing hunting at all. In recent years I've seen a change of heart with alot of land owners, and the all might $$$$ has become an issue with landowners leasing their land. If approved I think we as predator hunters need to take it slow as most of our hunting is done at night or in the twilight hours and shouldn't impact the Sunday services. Just my .02¢
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 08:23:40 AM »
I agree.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline savage05

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 02:06:19 PM »
Here's to hoping!

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 06:16:46 PM »
Heres my only comment.....I hear so many complaining that the PGC is just out to kill all of the deer and that there are no deer left to hunt, yet so many want to add morehigh pressure days?

I see plenty of deer every day, but then again its my job to see them (I get every day just about to scout areas while I'm patroling)
Just food for thought I guess
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 08:45:09 PM »
btw...Im not against Sundays being opened to hunt for more game
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 01:32:42 PM »
. I do believe we should add groundhog to sunday hunting. The farmers hate them, there are millions out there and the hunters love to shoot them. Everyone wins on this one. No different then hunting crows or predators on sundays we do now..
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 01:39:35 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 08:05:48 AM »
I'm looking at this as a step to get cats and coons legalized for Sunday hunting as well.

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 07:39:40 PM »
. I do believe we should add groundhog to sunday hunting. The farmers hate them, there are millions out there and the hunters love to shoot them. Everyone wins on this one. No different then hunting crows or predators on sundays we do now..

Been saying this for two years, but seems that once you brouch the subject of sunday hunting one wants this and another one wants that added into the mix. Unless you start with the BIGGEST pain for the landowners/farmers, it's a mote point. If they force it on the landowners/farmers, guess who's gonna get to hunt there...
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."