Author Topic: spot suggestion help  (Read 1866 times)

Offline madcatter

• Junior Forum Member
spot suggestion help
« on: November 02, 2016, 12:44:15 PM »

wind is 6-10 mph,rolling hills except for area to the right of area 5 which is a steep gully with creek and open woods.distances from the yelloe/orange setups are roughly,100-130 yards.any suggestions to improve or choose the best one????everytime i hunt this area i hear the yotes,i have had them close but never get them to break the woods except when the come in from the fields then they wind me for sure....this spot i only hunt a few times and dont wanna educate them

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: spot suggestion help
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 07:10:30 PM »
Move into the woods !!!!   Find a spot in the woods that gives you decent visibility.  Don't over call.  Very limited on how long you play a sound.  Just enough to let them know your there, but not enough for them to pinpoint you.  Let them come looking for you.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline QUATTRO

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 01:11:56 PM »
I like what Jake said.. I bet they run that creek/gully
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 01:40:20 PM by QUATTRO »
PPHA President

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 05:28:47 PM »
Be nice to see a  larger area but with what is shown I would pick the inside corner on the other side of the gully.The wind would be good, they would have a good protected approach and not feel trapped.Set up inside the tree line at the point where you can barely see the field behind you.Early morning  just as the suns lighting the horizon.Decoy in the field would be helpful but not necessary.It seems where your choices are would be easy for them to get downwind undetected leaving a disappointed hunter wandering why they don't show themselves.Were is there main food source in the area?Good luck and let us know how you make out..