Author Topic: Weird Day...  (Read 5896 times)

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Weird Day...
« on: November 21, 2013, 06:17:49 AM »
When running a trapline day after day, things become routine...spilling coffee on the seat, seeing Deer, driving upon Turkeys, Possums & Skunks at your key locations and so on....

Weird Wednesday...
Just finished making a double set, hop in the pickup, turn key...nothing. Am in the middle of nowhere and have to get to work soon. Dang. After I gain my thoughts, it was only a loose battery cable at the terminal. Phew.
A friend called me at 10:30 a.m. yesterday (Wed.) and said a mangy Red Fox just crossed a road near one of my sets.
At 12:40 p.m. I was driving (working) outside a town (not in my trap'n territory) and spotted a mangy Red Fox near the road.
Some days are just a bit off routine.
My best to all this season...

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Weird Day...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 09:47:47 AM »
Good read Hern ;)....I can relate 8) Today was a strange day checking the few I have out also deer, squirrels, and did I say squirrels :(....geese and more geese >:(....I seem to always be targeting the wrong critters :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 08:41:04 AM »
Today was better :o....1 coon weighed in at 24¾ pounds  ;) heavy haul out.... :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 11:49:07 AM »

“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 01:12:29 PM »
That's a hog, congrats!
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 01:39:07 PM »
Thanx BB for helping this olde guy out with the pictures...heck it's taken me long enough to learn how to take a pic with my phone :-[ Anyway he's all worked up and had to use a coyote wire stretcher because he is a good one ;) Bet he will be XXXL+ 8) He should help with gas money ::) I would like to know how many dozen ears of corn he ate, cause he was fat....one thing for sure, he won't be eating anymore of my Wood Ducks eggs.. ;)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 05:13:12 AM »
 ;D YADA-YADA-YADA  ;D  I would have let a little one like that go... ::)...Gas money? ??? Did you have  to jump on it before he got off the road??  :o xxxl+ that's your underwear size  ;D ;D ;D You people from Fayetteville are a mess.....JMO... 8)...Bigben don't encourage him or we will have a xxxxll+++ weasel on here that he will be trying to sell as a mink...

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 10:56:46 AM »
Now here's a weird one....I got Grinner #6 by the left rear foot...OK....but it was in a Duke DP... ??? ??? ???...I am going to set a muskrat trap and see if I can get a Grinner diving for crayfish... ;D ;D ;D....They are everywhere.. >:( >:( >:( not using stinky bait either..that DP had a sweet berry bait..... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 11:29:28 AM »
Jaspr1...I bet you could catch a Grinner in a bear trap!!! ;D ;D :o ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 11:35:50 AM »
Stop using chewing gum jaspr
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 06:02:04 AM »
Weird rainy night, got  Grinner #7.... ;D ;D ;D....Ben you got me I was using Teaberry Gum.. ;) I pulled all 14 traps till after deer season,(Grinners are giving a sigh of relief)..I have 2 bridger 150's and 4 1.5 for mink -muskrats and 8 1.75 for coyote/fox....wow...what a trapper... ;D ;D ;D....and 3 places to set them...After deer season I am going to try and expand out a bit and use Double Bubble or Juicy Fruit  :-\ :-\ and throw them a curve....1 pull-out,2 raccoons, and 7 grinners,2 trap flip overs at same location and a DP pulled out but not set off...old 6 trap is on a roll... ;D ;D ;D.....soon I will have enough Grinners @ $2.75, to buy 5 gal. of gas and I won't have to walk everywhere... 8)...and in conclusion Goose thinks #6 was trying to smile at me from the opposite end...now that's just mean and nasty making fun of an older gentleman like me.. :( :'( :( :'( :(

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 09:46:06 AM »
 ;)He-He-He!!! ::) He was grinnin at ya!!LOL 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 11:32:01 AM »
Almost forgot...got home and wife says...did you check your Havahart in backyard??? I'm supposed to be catching the feral cats that are coming on our porch for food....Funny looking cat!!!! Grinner #8.... All I wanted to do was try and catch a coyote..... >:(

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 11:44:06 AM »
Paul, ;D ;D LOL-LOL...I know why you are catching so may ;D...there is a family resemblance, gray hair and all!! :o :o ;D ;D LOL-LOL-LOL
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 11:48:00 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D Now that I stopped laughing...I need to thank Hern for starting this "Wierd Day" thread ;)...it may have run amuck :o...but it sure is a good read for some smiles (notice I didn't say Grinners) :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member